Chapter 25: Grand Finals

~Alexa~

"And the winner is...Lyca Gairanod!" It was all too quick. Everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew, they were already announcing the winner. There was screaming, lots and lots of screaming, shouting and clapping and the first thing I noticed was Karlos carrying Lyca. And there were a lot of crying, definitely a lot. It took me for awhile to notice that I myself was crying as well. For sadness, happiness? I can't really tell.

But what surprised me is that Karlos hugged me. And I wasn't expecting it. Since he was pretty much ignoring me for the past few days. Guess he was shocked of his own actions as well. Becuase he immediately let go, but we were compressed together again because Darren hugged us all.

It went like that for minutes that seemed like hours. People congratulated Lyca, hugging, crying, more hugging and picture taking. And we were being interviewed.

So this is how it goes, Lyca being the 1st, Darren the 2nd, Karlos the 3rd, and I the 4th. And how do I feel about that? Well, I feel absolutely happy. I am so happy for the four of us and I think that Lyca really deserves it. We finally exited the stage, Darren and Karlos' arm draped on each others shoulders. So I walked hand in hand with a crying Lyca, I stopped to wipe her tears. "Smile ka na. Congrats!" I said. But that just made her hug me and she just cried more.

When we got to the backstage Darren and Karlos were already drying their tears. "Alexa! Lyca! Congrats to us!" Darren said happily. "Hey..." I say as I tapped on Karlos' shoulder. He turned around and looked at me. "Oh yeah, congrats." He said as he smiled a little. I smiled back. "Okay, so..." I said at the same time he said "Can we talk?" I chuckled. "We are already talking."

He scratched the back of his head. "I mean, talk talk?" What?

"Yeah sure." I said. And there, he just stared at me. And I stared back. It was like a one minute staring contest. And that gave me enough time to stare at him. God, he's beautiful. I came back to my senses till he cleared his throat. "Oh, uhm- I"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" He just coughed more. "What? Just spit it out Karlos we're going back there in a minute."

"I'm sorry." I was taken aback by what he said. I even forgot that we weren't on good terms because I was too stressed out worrying about the finals.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." He said it again, but slower this time.

"Yes yes I heard you Karlos."

"Okay."

"Okay." I said back. What is this The Fault in Our Stars? Jesus. "Okay." I said again, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry too, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay." God why did I say it again? I'm totally giving myself a mental face palm.

He chuckled. "Tama na nga yang okay okay na yan. Paulit ulit na tayo eh?" He said and his bisaya accent is visible as he said it. Cute.

"Okay fine." I say as I put my hands up in surrender. He stared at me again. "For real I'll stop saying it na."

"Good." Then silence. "So, we're good na?"

"Definitely. Dude."

"Why did we even fight?" He asked. "Don't ask me Karlos because I totally forgot about it." And that's the truth.

Then someone put their hands around Karlos' eyes. Stacy.

She just told me to be quiet so I just winked back at her. "Darren my loves?" Karlos guessed. "Alexa?"

"Karlos bro I'm right in front of you."

"Okay okay. Lyca? Coach Bamboo? Edray? Who's this?" He started feeling Stacy's hands. But she was still smiling.

"Joke. It's Stacy, right?" He smiled. "Yup it's me! Congrats!" She smiled and they hugged.

"Thanks." He smiled. Then she turned around to me. "Oh Alexa you too, congrats."

"Thank you."

"Hey Karlos, could you leave us two for a second?" What? "What?" Karlos asked. "Uhm, okay i'll just leave..." Then in exactly a second he came back. "Viola!"

Stacy gave him a serious look. "Okay okay doon muna ako kay Darren." Stacy didn't speak to me until Karlos was no where in sight. My heart is beating so fast, I don't even know why. What does she possibly want to talk about.

"So...Stacy..."

"I'm breaking up with Karlos."

"What? Why didn't he tell me you two broke up and when and why-"

"We didn't break up yet. I said i'm going to." Oooh. "Why would you do that? Aren't you two happy with each other? He might get sad Stace."

"Well, yeah i'm very very happy with him, and I guess he's happy too." She said. I just stared at her in confusion. So what's the problem then? "But, I guess he's happier with you."

Oh no. Oh no no no. "No he's not. He likes you. Why do you think he's with you in the first place?"

"I think he was confuse, and made a mistake." She smiled a sad smile. "I'm okay though."

"Are you mad?" I asked. "What? No. Of course not. And we're young anyways, we got a long life ahead of us, so yeah." She said.

"So..."

"I'll go talk to him about this later."

"Do you think he's gonna take it well?" I asked, slightly nervous. I don't want him to get sad. "Trust me Alexa, you'll both thank me for this." She smiled and then walked away. Leaving me alone to process what just happened. Should I be happy or sad?

***********************

Hi hi hi!! Even though I haven't updated in like 8 months daw I would still always get bombarded with votes and comments to update lol those people inspired me to update ahahahhahaah. Okay sorry I didn't update for a long time because I seriously think this story is ridiculous. They're all too young for this love shit ahahhahaaha but anyways of course i'll still finish this story. The end is near. And a new story might come up and a better one at that haha love you guys!