Chapter 6

"Toby!? How did you find me!?" I asked.Toby is my step-brother. "Mom wants you home." He said. "I can't come home and you can't tell anyone you were here!" I say. "It's okay. I'm not good with remember on how to get places. But you need to come home. He's not good enough for you. Your gonna lose so much if you stay here." He said. "Toby. I've been with him for 2 years. I have everything I need." I tell him. He took my arm and looked into my face. "Oh my god. He's brain washed you. You can't live like this forever. You need to come home." He said. "I'm sorry. I can't". I tell him. "You can't or you just don't want to?" He asked. I yanked my arm away from him. "Were gonna be together forever. I can't throw all of that away. I-" He cuts me off. "Don't say it! This is not love!! What? Did he force you to be this way!? Tell me!" He said grabbing my shoulders. "No! He didn't. I love him and he loves me! I can't imagine my life without him!" I say. "Well you should!! He's a criminal! You can't throw your life away like this! Call the cops and your free!" He said. I pushed him away. "No! We're getting married! We'll have a family and we'll live happily ever after." I smiled. He looked horrified. "No! This is not you! What did he do to you!? This is not happiness! This is a nightmare! You need to let go. Set yourself free. He won't bother you anymore once he's gone." He said. "Gone!? What do you mean gone!?" I asked. "He took another's life, he has to be executed." He told me. Fear welled up all inside of me. "No! No one is going to take him away from me!" I said. "Laura. Please come home!!" He said. "I am home! Home is where he is!" I said. Toby stepped away from me. "Then I hope you realize what you have put yourself in. Once they catch him, he's done for... and so are you." He said and turned to walk away. "Don't tell anyone please." I begged. "This is a case for the police to figure out. I won't say anything because your my sister. If I did, I don't know what he would do to you. So I remain silent for your sake. Just think about it." He said. I nodded. "Thanks Toby." I say. He clentched his jaw and walked out.

I sat on the floor just thinking about all the possible outcomes of all of this. 'He brain washed you.' My brother's words replayed in my head. He didn't brain wash me. I chose this. I let it all happen. Why is it so hard to see that? The door to the house opened. I looked and there he was with a bag. I looked at him. I didn't move. "Well...aren't you going to greet me?" He asked. I looked at my hands. They were shaking and I had the gut feeling. I looked down. "What did you do?" I asked. I shouldn't ask but I have to in this case. "Nothing." He said. "Yes you did. Did you make more enemies?" I asked. I avoided his gaze. He started walking towards me. The scent of burning filled my nose. I instantly covered my nose. Flesh. My eyes began to water. "I'm gonna take a shower and change." He said. I nodded. I shifted uncomfortably as he looked at me. He then disappeared upstairs. He did it again. The cops should find some evidence that ties him to that murder. I cried silently. Why must it be you?

"Laura?" He called as he came back into the living room. "Yes?" I asked. "Someone was here. Who was it?" He asked. I looked down. "I don't know." I lied. "Are you lying to me?" He asked. I shake my head visiously. "No." Which I clearly was. "I didn't wake up til 4 since you..." I held it. "Look I'm sorry about that. You know I have things to do." He said. "But did you have to do that to me?" I asked. The feeling of sickness took over. "Sh...let's not talk about it." He said. I couldn't dare to look at him. "You have been looking down. What are you hiding?" He asked. I looked at my hands. Then I looked at the floor. He walked over to me. "Nothing." I say. I felt the floor was my best friend right now. I didn't want him to touch me. "Laura?" He said. "Hm?" I answer as I held back tears. "Look at me." He said. I can't. "I said look at me!" He said. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. "I can't." I mumbled. Next thing I know, he pulls me up.

I couldn't stop the tears. He made me look at him. My vision became blurry as my tears poured out. This pained me so much yet I don't know why. He's done way worse. I didn't feel comfortable being touched by the same hands that done wrong. I had the feeling and it wasn't going anywhere. "Why are you crying?" He asked. I looked at him and my knees started to go weak. I couldn't stand. "Answer me!!" He said. I pushed myself away from him. I just felt I should be on the floor and it was the best. I looked at the ring on my finger. "Tell me what's wrong!!" He shouted. He joined me on the floor. I laid down and took in the cold floor. It seemed to calm me down. "You need to get up." He said standing up. I didn't want to. "No." I whisper. "What was that?" He asked. "Nothing." I say softly. Why is it that I'm suddenly effected by what Toby said? He pulled me off the ground. I didn't try to fight out of it. I glanced at him then walked over to the couch.

I laid down on the couch and didn't move. He lifted my head and set it on his lap. He rubbed my head softly. "Tell me what's wrong." He said. I turned around so I rested my head on his lap and looked up at him. I reached up to his soft blonde hair. Beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me. He continued rubbing my head. "I'm scared." I say. "Scared of what?" He asked. "Of you." I say. He looked at me sideways. "Why?" He asked. "Because I love you. I think my love for you is blinding me to see the reality of all this." I say. "So? You don't have to be afraid of me." He said. How can I be so sure? "Ross... I can't not be afraid. I am terrified." I say. He looked down into my face. I closed my eyes. "You don't have to be. I'm always here for you." He said. Liar. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said. He kissed my forehead and continued rubbing my head. I soon let the sensation take me back to unconsiousness except this was necessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Ash has to work on 4 projects 6 essays and 3 exams Yay! Note my joy:( Anyway I'm getting everything taken away for failing Chem!? Like what!? I honestly did better than a 54 so I say its not fair! Comment and Vote!!!!!!!!!!
~Ash♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂