Love To Death

You lived in a time, where race was still a big thing. Where being black or white, was a huge difference. Where dating of the different race, no matter asian, black or white, was a huge crime. It would be a betryal from both sides. Where living as a black person, you had to bite your cheeks together and develop a thick skin, in order to survive.

A time, where Y/N Y/L/N fell helplessly in love with a handsome asian guy.  Kim Seokjin lived 5 houses away from you, but you always saw him, whenever you went to the river to get some water. You would always see him around, acting like you didn't notice him, but secretly taking glances here and there to look at his breathaking beauty.

It wasn't long before Seokjin noticed your interest in him. He loved the attention he got from you. He found it cute, everytime your eyes met, how you would look flustered away. Even if you already caught his attention, he still hesitated to approach you.

He knew, that it was a bit risky, but your beautiful skin, small black curls, plump pink lips and breathaking smile, made him forget about the consequences. Talking to you, didn't mean that you were dating right? He wouldn't break any rules right?

Soon he found himself approaching you. It was when you went to the river, to pick up water again. Jin saw how you were struggling, to carry  the two big pots of water and rushed to your side, to help you. That's how you started to talk. Friendly smiles and small waves from far away, became to loud laughter and sinking out at night, to meet each other.

You would go to fill the pots with water together and went to the forest together, to get wood, for the cold nights, coming ahead. The both of you knew, that you felt more for each other, but you were too afraid to develop your precious friendship to something more serious.

But you ended up doing it anyway. You couldn't resist Jin's lips, when they fell on yours. The feeling, that developed in both of your stomach, kept the both of you going. Only pulling away to breath. That day you and Jin decided to official, become lovers.

You entered the small house with a smile on your face, holding the water in your hand. You placed the heavy pot on the floor and looked up. You jumped slightly, when you noticed someone standing in front of you.

"Oh my god. Father you scared me.", you put your hand on your heart and exhaled. He only walked past you and sat on his big chair. Lighting up the cigarette, he took a closer look of you.

"You have been quite happy lately.", you didn't answer so he continued, "I saw you with the little asian guy, by the river."

"He was helping me. The pots get pretty heavy, once you fill them in with water.", you turned away from him and started cutting the vegetables, that you left there, before meeting Jin.

"It looked more, than just helping. Don't you think so?", he put the cigarette out of his mouth and exhaled the smoke out. Again you didn't responds.

"A black girl died, in the neighborhood from my friend Charles. No they killed her. You wanna know why? Because she was dating out of her race. She was dating a white guy. But they let the white guy live."

"What does it have to do with me, Father?", you stopped cutting the veggies and turned around to face him.

"Your friend may not have as much luck as the white guy. White or asian, it's still different from our race. From your race. Don't forget that and don't bring him and importantly you in danger."

You cleared your throat walking to the door, "I'm going to check on mum, to see if she needs help."

You walked out, not wanting to hear more from him. You heart started aching slightly, of the thought of you or Jin ending up like that. You started to regret the decision to ever date Jin. What if someone found out and they killed you or Jin, maybe even the both of you.