twenty four - night life

omg theres smut at the end of this chapter so dont read if ur like 9

-

A month had past since Ashton and I had tried to make this whole thing work and it seemed to be going better than I had thought. January is probably the worst month - it's cold and raining all the time. Ashton and I still hadn't made anything official, but I like that he's trying more than he was before. I thought that after five months of knowing Ashton - I would have ran by now after everything he's put me through, although I still get the same heart racing feeling whenever I'm around him. I don't ever want that feeling to go away.

I arrive home from school, rushing through the door to get away from the freezing weather. I slam the door quickly behind me, to be greeted by the noise of my parents shouting at one another. This had been going on for a couple of weeks now, although I haven't thought much of it. They've been together for twenty years now, I figure that they'll sort out whatever rough patch they're going through.

My Mom and Dad come storming down the stairs. I instantly spot my Mom holding a suitcase, before she quickly throws it down the stairs - where I am still stood at the bottom by the front door. 

"Get out!" My Mom screams at my Dad, shoving the bag into his chest. Fuck. What the Hell is going on?! "I don't want you anywhere near the kids and I don't want you anywhere near this house. Ever."

I feel my heart pounding in my chest and I feel a little dizzy. I feel like I could pass out by the sudden shock I had just walked through the door into. I almost want to rush back out of the door and not walk in until it's all over. Anxiety washes over me and I feel weak at the knees, dreading whatever is about to come.

"Let's just talk about this," My Dad's voice is loud and demanding as he tries to reach for my Mom's arm and she pulls away quickly. 

This cannot be happening. "What's going on?" I finally get the guts to ask, even though I'm dreading the answer. My palms get sweaty as I look between the two of them, feeling petrified as I see my Mom burst into tears.

"Ask your father!" My Mom snaps, gritting her teeth in disgust.

I breathe heavily and look over to my Dad. His face is covered in guilt. "Lacey, listen, you know I'd never do anything to hurt you...or your Mom."

"Bullshit," Mom snaps in disgust, screwing her face as her eyes refuse to even look in my Dad's direction. It's now that I realize that this is serious and I just want to break down. I want to go back to a few months ago when everything was fine. 

I find myself sobbing and my voice shaky. "Will someone just tell me what's going on?"

Neither of them answer. All that's heard is my Mom's heavy sobs and my heavy breathing. My mind begins ticking with the worst possible answers they could give me and I could scream right now. Why is this happening to me?

My Mom reluctantly speaks, fiddling with her fingers. "Your Dad cheated on me, Lacey."

WHAT. I feel my mouth hang open as the words come out of her mouth. No, he couldn't of. Why would he? I have no idea how to react - whether I should deny it to myself or just break down crying at the thought of my Dad with another woman. My mind begins to play all the happy times we had together as a family (in the space of ten seconds) and everything just begins to go blurry.

My lip trembles and I can't make it stop, I just want someone to tell me it's not true. I just want to wake up and act like this is all a dream. "Dad, please, tell me it's not true," I practically beg.

My Dad stays silent and it suddenly hits me that my Dad is a lying, cheating asshole and I have no idea how to feel about that. A part of me wants to charge forward and kill him for putting Mom through this - and his children - but another part just wants to forgive him and act like this had never happened.