twenty two - how???

fuck u ashton

-

Ashton and I had been driving around the same street for what seemed like forever, searching for Mr Raye's address he had given us. Ashton was a pretty shit driver under pressure, so whenever I would yell at him that he's taking the wrong turning - he kept stopping the car and telling me to get out of Shanice (he lamely named his car).

"I told you that it was three turnings before this one, you idiot!" I snap, waving my phone GPS in Ashton's face. Ashton shoves my phone away, making me drop it out of my hands and lets out a loud groan, reversing the car to turn back around.

"You know what, Lacey," Ashton hisses through gritted teeth, "when you can drive, you can do whatever the fuck you want; but as long as I'm driving Shanice you-"

"Who seriously names their car Shanice?" I yell over him, still not understanding where he had gotten that name from. All I know is that when people talking about their cars, they do not refer to it with a dumb name they had given it. I couldn't work out if it was cute that Ashton had named his car or insanely stupid. Both, probably.

 "If you insult Shanice one more time, I will stop this car and you can get out, Lacey." Ashton scolds at me, turning down (finally) the street to Mr Raye's house.

We were already running ten minutes late because Ashton wanted to stop off at McDonalds at get a milkshake.

Ashton and I finally make it to Mr Raye's house, which looked pretty normal from the outside. I don't know why, but I pictured Mr Raye's house almost like a prison from the way he goes on about his life, but it seemed homely with the flowers surrounding the front lawn and the cute stepping stone pathway leading up to the white painted house. 

"Shit, Lacey, wait!" Ashton orders, grabbing my arm and pulling me back before I knock on the door. "Aren't you kind of scared to meet his wife? Like, Mr Raye told me she eats frogs and stuff."

I roll my eyes, grabbing Ashton's hand and pulling him forward. "I think she's half french or something, since Mr Raye once told me about her calling him a 'bête'"

Ashton furrows his eyebrows and looks at me, tilting his head to the side before questioning. "What the fuck does that mean?"

I roll my eyes and knock on the door, before turning back to Ashton. "Don't you listen in french class?"

Ashton's eyes widen as his mouth hangs open. "French? I thought I took German."

The wooden door swings open for us to be greeted with a slim, tall blonde lady - wearing a red bodycon dress and red lipstick. She's gorgeous. Ashton and I both look at each other, before staring at the woman in front of us - wondering who she is. She flicks her long blonde hair over her shoulder and smiles warmly at us.

"Bonjour, children!" She greets in an adorable accent. Both mine and Ashton's eyes widen at the woman, still not quite knowing who she is.

Ashton mumbles, seeming to stumble on his words, "A-are we at Mr Raye's house or am I in Heaven?"

I whack his side, snapping him out of his daze as the woman chuckles in front of us. Mr Raye then comes marching up behind the woman, pushing her to the side so his muscular body can fit in the door frame too as they both stand in front of us.

Mr Raye groans, patting the woman on the shoulder. "I see you have both met my wife."

"Wife?" Ashton and I both speak in sync.

By the way Mr Raye goes on about his wife, you'd think she was some crazy lady, with not much care about her appearance or life. He always talks about her as if she's larger than him and that she looked as if she would murder someone. In fact, I'd even put 911 on speed diall before I left the house earlier, just in case.