six - a real virgin

*cry over ashton sidebar gif here*

-

I had lost concern that I had been locked in a supply cupboard with the school's most obnoxious asshole for the past one hour and thirty six minutes; now all I was focusing on was the grumbling in my stomach as I watch Ashton snack away on a packet of crisps he had in his bag. With every crisp he stuffed into his mouth felt like torture, causing my mouth to water.

I try not to seem like I'm watching him too intently, since he already had called me out several times for being creepy and watching him. I wasn't sure why he took it as such an insult though. Whenever girls would stare at him in the corridor, apart from me of course, he would always give them a smile and allow his ego to shoot up when they would get excited over it. Perhaps I was just that low on the popularity scale to even earn a smile out of him. 

I can't seem to understand why I care whether Ashton smiles at me or not, especially after some of the things he had said and ways he had acted. God, I need a hobby.

"You know what, Lacey?" Ashton scoffs with his mouth full of food, quickly crunching on the crisps to swallow them. 

I gulp as my stomach silently growls, begging for food - whilst fluttering due to Ashton saying my name. 

"Huh?" I respond, looking to him and avoiding eye contact. Ashton had his back pressed against the door for the past thirty minutes, leaning awkwardly. I had given up a long time ago and decided to slouch on the ground; my legs aren't strong enough to stand for that long. Well,no longer than seven minutes anyway.

"I've learned something today." Ashton says, nodding his head in approval to his own thoughts. "I've learned that I do treat people badly sometimes. Am I a bad person?"

I attempt to comprehend what Ashton had just said, wondering if I had even heard right. I was shocked that within an hour Ashton could finally see that the way he treated people, especially people like me, was not okay. 

"Well, I mean-"

"Don't answer that, I'm a great person." Ashton rolls his eyes and chuckles, bringing his asshole personality back into full swing once again. 

"I guess sometimes you can be a little...erm." I stumble on words, once again not wanting to insult the guy. We were finally making progress.

Ashton furrows his eyebrows towards him, scrunching up his packet of crisps and chuckle the packet on the ground as if we were in a tip, "Well, anyway, I'm sorry."

I freeze at his gesture, shocked that the words had came out of his lips. I wasn't even sure where all of this came from and what had knocked the sense into him. I begin to get nervous, feeling somewhat flattered by his apology.

I slowly begin to smile as I look to Ashton, still slumped against the wall without a care in the world, "Wow, I-"

"I really am sorry for making you listen to me talk to Luke so badly." Ashton says, cutting me off from my sense and from whatever hope I had. "Like, I brought his dog into the argument. That's such a low thing of me to do, man."

Sigh. 

I knew it was all too good to be true, as if Ashton would be apologizing to the shit he's put certain people through throughout school - but of course is feeling apologetic and sympathy towards Luke and his dog. It was crazy of me to think that for one second Ashton had changed, when I'm pretty sure people like him couldn't change if it hit them in the face.

"Yeah..." I mumble, fiddling with my fingers as I look away from Ashton.

"Holy Shit!" Ashton gasps, glaring at his phone screen which had recently just gone off from getting a message. I wasn't sure I even wanted to know what he was drooling at as he stares at his phone in complete ore. I roll my eyes without Ashton noticing and continue to look at the ground.