twenty nine - fast lane

what thE FUCK AN UPDATE??? I KNOW IM SHOCKED TOO!!!!

-

Ashton and I had been staying in my family's cabin for a couple of days now and it was almost awful to think of having to leave later. I found that when it's just us two, it's like nothing matters anymore and we can finally be ourselves; when we're around everyone back home nothing seems to go to plan. I know that sooner or later I need to understand that all of this will be over sometime soon, but I want to hold onto it while is lasts.

 I shove my sweaters into the gym bag I had brought down here for the weekend, while Ashton still lays in bed under the duvet with only his head poking out as he watches me. I love the fact that we're such opposites, although sometimes it gets frustrating. While I'm packing and sorting our things out, he continues to lay there without much care in the world.

"I like this view," Ashton says softly. I peak up to him and see him with a lazy smile, with his hands behind his head.

I roll my eyes and slightly chuckle. "Me doing your dirty work? Don't get used to it."

"I was going to say something along the lines of you looking pretty hot this morning," Ashton teases and I can't help but blush and his flirting so early  in the morning, "but I guess you being a babe and packing for me is cool too."

 I shake my head and chuckle, picking up a pillow from the ground and throwing it in his direction. I hear Ashton let out a yelp as though the pillow hitting his face had actually hurt - I do wonder sometimes how someone who comes across so brave at school, can have so many qualities which suggest otherwise. 

"Just get out of bed," I groan, continuing to throw various items into the bags. Ashton grunts as he sits up and still does not move.

"I feel permanently stuck to this bed," Ashton says, letting out a loud yawn. It's already one in the afternoon and we had agreed that we would leave before lunchtime. I guess things never really do go to plan when you're with Ashton. Not that I mind, I don't really want to leave here either. 

I pause for a moment, before speaking, "I didn't realize that when we get back, you leave in twenty three days."

I look up at Ashton and he frowns, rubbing the back of his neck. It was just an observation, I hadn't meant to make things go awkward. "We have plenty of time, Lacey. Besides, I might not even get into the program."

I chuckle at his comment. The answer to that is obvious. "Of course you're going to get in, Ashton. How could you not?"

Ashton blushes at my comment, although it wasn't as though his opposed to compliments. "Don't jinx it."

 Eventually we get into the car, ready to drive back home before it gets dark. The only good thing about next week is that we have the week of to revise for our exams coming up in a couple of weeks, although it meant a long week of hardcore studying. 

"You're seriously going to study next week?" Ashton asks, still keeping his focus on the road in front of him. I roll my eyes at his comment, obviously Ashton wasn't the type of person to use study weeks to the best of his advantage. He was the type who parties all week and shits himself when it actually comes to the exam. Although, I'm the exact same when I allow tv shows to take over my life instead of putting school first.

"Yes," I say, chuckling slightly that he would even ask that question. I thought he knew me enough by now to know I'm hardly the type who has anything better to do, "and I will make sure you will too."

Ashton licks his lips and chuckles, "I like the sound of that. What are you going to do, tie me to the bed?"

I reach over and slap his side, shaking my head at his lack of seriousness towards this topic. "I'm serious. Just because you might turn into some big time soccer player, doesn't mean you don't need school."