Something Strange Has Come Over Me - Chapter Four

Chapter title credit;

"Maps" by Maroon 5

LEAH

"I hope Lex is okay." I sighed.

Alex hasn't came back and it's been almost two hours.

"He's fine, I promise. He usually goes somewhere quiet when he's needs to be alone. So there's no need to worry." Jack reassured me.

Since Alex left, Jack hasn't brought up what he asked me earlier. But I have a feeling he will eventually and what do I say then? Yeah he's cute and all but I only just met him so it's hard to pinpoint how I feel.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Jack asked and I chuckled.

"Yeah. His name was Oliver, his friends and family called him Oli."

"What happened?"

"He decided to leave me for a girl he met on tour. I haven't spoke to him since then but I hope he's doing well for himself." I shrugged. "Oh, so he's a musician?" He said and I nodded. "So you've kissed Alex before?"

"When I was five." I laughed and went to eat a pretzel when he randomly asked;

"Have you ever gave a blowjob?"

I started busting out laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asked confusingly. "The way you so randomly asked it. What the hell?" I said between laughs. "But in all seriousness, yes I have."

"Wow. You continue to surprise me everyday." He joked. "Do you think I could get one from those perfectly sculpted red lips of yours?"

I chuckled. "Maybe. But just maybe."

"That's nice to know." He said before snatching the bag of pretzels from my lap.

"Hey! Give me those back!" I yelled and reached for them. "Try to get them short stuff." He stuck his tongue out at me and held them higher.

I continued to reach for them only to be unsuccessful at it until I figured out a way to get them easily.

I placed one of my hands on his chest and ran it down his stomach. Using the other hand to turn his head towards me, I leaned in so my lips were almost touching his and quickly used the hand on his stomach to grab the now lowered bag of pretzels.

"Ha! I win!" I shouted in victory.

"That's no fair!" He pouted. "It's totally fair." I smiled at him. "Is not." He argued. "Is too." I said back.

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Ugh." He groaned in defeat and I laughed.

"Well, I should probably get back to my place. It's getting pretty late." I stood up but he grabbed my hand. "Or you could stay the night." He said with a suggestive face. "Hm, no." I chuckled. "Especially if it's just you and me."

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked. I sighed. "Jack listen, you're cute and from what I've seen you have an amazing personality, but I can't say if I like you because I just met you. So please give it some time." I said it as nicely as I could.

"Okay." He smiled sadly and let go of my hand, letting his drop down to his side.

I felt way too guilty to just leave after that so I sat back down.

"I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, we can go out somewhere tomorrow."

He nodded then turned to look at me.

His face was only a inches away from mine and he gave me the same look as Alex did when we accidentally ran into each other. But for some reason I knew what was coming and I didn't want to stop it. Something about when his eyes meet with mine makes me lose all thought.

I just sat there, staring into his big brown eyes. I couldn't move, it's like I was glued to my seat. I was somehow paralyzed.

Just then I felt his lips press gently against mine.

I didn't kiss him back and I didn't pull away. I just sat there, confused about my own feelings at this point.

Once I gathered my thoughts, I pulled away and stood up.

"I should go now." I said, avoiding eye contact and quickly left the room.

I rode the elevator to the lobby and was about to leave when I saw Alex sitting at the bar. Instead of leaving, I walked up to him.

"Lex?" I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around fast. "Lis- oh, hi Leah." He said sadly and turned back around.

He waved the bar tender over and asked for another beer. I watched him closely as he asked, he was already drunk, he didn't need anymore.

"Scratch that please. He's had enough." I said and the guy nodded. I then turned to Alex. "Come on. Let's get you back to your room."

"No. I can't go back there tonight. Jack will bombard me with questions and I don't feel like answering them."

"Fine. You can crash on my couch. But just for tonight. If my landlord finds out, ugh." I sighed.

"Is he an asshole?" He chuckled. "Yes." I laughed.

We talked about some random things while we waited for a taxi. Apparently, Jack texted Alex in middle of our conversation asking for my number. Of course Alex asked me before giving it to him, I just hope it won't be awkward between Jack and I.

Right when we got into my apartment, Alex flopped on the couch and fell fast asleep.

He acted like he was okay and I knew he wasn't, but I'm not going to nag him to tell me what happened. I'm just going to wait until he's ready.

I took a shower and went to go to sleep when my phone dinged. It was Jack;

Are you still up to go out tomorrow?

After I thought about it, I wrote back;

Of course :3

There was no harm in just going out. Plus, it's a friend thing and he knows that.

I silenced my phone and got into my bed. About twenty minutes later, I fell asleep.