I'm Restless, Obsessed With Your Future - Chapter Ten

Chapter title credit;
"For Baltimore" - All Time Low

LEAH

When I saw him standing there, staring at me with nothing but hurt in his eyes, I felt a wave of guilt run through me.

"Alex listen.."

He quickly turned around and ran back down the stairs. I hurriedly stood up and put my shirt and pants back on then ran after him.

I got to the top of the stairs and saw him and Jack yelling at each other.

"There's so many other girls, Jack!" Alex shouted. "Why are you so mad about this?!" Jack yelled back.

"She's my best friend and I know how you are." Alex lowered his voice a little bit.

"What do you mean?"

"You sleep with girls then either break up with them or don't speak to them ever again."

"This isn't like that! And what gives you the right to judge me when you're the one who cheated on your girlfriend!"

"Enough!" I finally interfered and they both looked at me. "What is wrong with you two? Especially you." I walked down the stairs and looked at Alex. "You barge in here and start yelling at people without even telling them why."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break up your little sex show and that's why you're so upset?" He sarcastically said.

"Stop with the smart-ass comments already. Why can't you just tell me what's wrong anymore? Even back in Essex you were acting all weird and wouldn't even tell me why."

"Because I can't tell you." For the first time he broke eye contact.

"I know why." Jack said. "And I'm sorry Alex, but you can't have her."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "He has feelings for you. I've been friends with him long enough to know how he acts when he doesn't want the girl he likes to know he actually likes her." He explained.

"Alex, is that true?" I tried my best to hide the shock in my voice.

He didn't respond.

"Alex."

"Yes! It's true! I didn't want you to know because I have Lisa and now, obviously, you have Jack."

I was speechless. Maybe if he wasn't with Lisa and confessed to me earlier when I didn't like Jack in a boyfriend way, we could've been together. But now, there's no chance. Any feelings I had for him that way faded and turned into feelings for Jack.

"I'm sorry, but-"

"I know what you're going to say and I understand that I lost my chance. So I'm just going to go before this gets worse than it already is." He turned around and left as soon as he said that last sentence.

I felt horrible for hurting him and a cold teardrop ran down my cheek followed by many more.

Jack pulled me into a hug so I wrapped my arms around him and just cried.. and cried.

"He'll be okay. Don't worry." He whispered and rested his chin on my head.

------------

The next morning I woke up with a splitting headache and my eyes burned. Then I remembered the events of last night.

I looked around the room to see that I was in Jack's but he wasn't next to me so I got up and walked downstairs.

He was sitting on the couch looking at his phone.