You're A Cherry Blossom - Chapter Eight

Chapter title credit;
"Centuries" - Fall Out Boy

LEAH

The next morning I woke up feeling very well rested. Although I'm comfortable here, I do feel homesick. I miss my parents the most out of everything.

When I finally pulled myself out of bed, I got dressed in a Fall Out Boy t-shirt which I tucked into my high-waisted shorts and brushed my teeth then headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Jack was sitting at the island in middle of the room zoned out while eating Trix cereal.

"Good morning." I said and sat next to him. He practically almost knocked his bowl on the ground. "Morning." He responded after he repositioned himself.

There was a silence just like last night.

"Are we gonna talk about what happened last night?" I asked. I didn't have to muster up the courage to ask because I knew it was something that had to be brought up.

He glanced at me then looked back down at his cereal. "What happened last night?"

"Don't play dumb, Jack. You know exactly what happened." I scoffed and he sighed. "It's not something normal friends do. So excuse me if I want to forget about it." He avoided eye contact. I stared at him dumbfounded for a second. Forget about it?

I felt a sharp pain shoot through my chest, as if someone was taking a knife and stabbing me. The same pain I felt when I found out Oli was cheating on me.

"Yeah. Forget about it." I tried to not let my voice crack but failed.

I went back upstairs to my room and paced around thinking about what could have caused the pain I felt, but to no luck.

I couldn't possibly have feelings for Jack. Right?

------------

I didn't get much sleep last night because of the whole situation with Jack. So I was pretty tired. But thanks to booze, I managed to make it through the day so far.

I was currently sitting on my bed and just replaying everything that happened in my mind until Jack knocked on the door.

"Hey, are you okay? You haven't been out of your room since yesterday." He asked as he opened the door.

"Why don't you just forget about that too?" I said without even glancing at him. I was serious. What he did was screwed up.. at least to me.

"What I said about forgetting it was so we could still have a friendship and not be all awkward about it." He explained

"So you regret it?" I asked. "What? No, I didn't say that. I don't regret it, I just think that it wasn't good." He sighed. "I mean, it wasn't good for our friendship."

There it was again, the pain that I felt yesterday in my chest. But it was worse this time. So bad that I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Okay." I said barely above a whisper. "Leah?" He tapped my arm. I could hear the worry in his voice.

I flinched at the touch and jumped up. "No, don't. Just.. don't."

Once I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, I fast walked into the bathroom and quickly shut the door behind me. I really hope he didn't see it.

I defiantly knew what was wrong with me now.

I do have feelings for him.

JACK

Before Leah practically ran into the bathroom, I could swear that she was crying and I knew it was because of what I said. But why? She told me that she didn't like me that way.