I'll Push You Away, I Get So Afraid - Chapter Fifteen

Chapter title credit;
"Scene Three - Stomach Tied In Knots" - Sleeping With Sirens

LEAH

"We don't have a clear understanding of what happened that night. We're hoping that you can help us with that." The police officer took out a notepad and pen.

"I can try my best."

"Can you tell me everything you remember from that night?"

"Well, Alex had taken me to Woodberry Kitchen because his birthday was the next day. He had one beer, we ate and talked for a little bit before we left..." I tried to remember the rest of the night.

FLASHBACK

"You're not drunk right?" I turned to Alex, who was stopping at a red light.

"I had one beer, Leah." He rolled his eyes and the light turned green.

"Yeah. Okay." I snickered and looked out the window to see two big bright lights coming towards us at an alarming speed.

"Alex!"

FLASHBACK END

"We stopped at a red light like normal. Then the light turned green and we started driving again. I saw what seemed like a truck to me coming towards us. I screamed then it all turned black."

"Okay." He jotted down what I said on his notepad. "Mr. Gaskarth wasn't drunk?"

"No he was not. I would have known." I answered truthfully.

"Thank you for your time." He smiled and left.

"What were you going to say?" I asked Jack. "Uh. Nothing." He said. "Don't play stupid. It was something important remember?" I punched his shoulder lightly.

"I'd much rather say it when we're home."

"Alright. I'll wait then." I smiled.

-----------------
TWO DAYS LATER

"Home sweet home!" I sighed in relief as I walked through the front door.

As expected, Mr. Nubs came running to me. "Hi boy!" I bent down and patted his head.

"The doctor says you have to take it easy. So no picking up Mr. Nubs until you're completely healed." Jack strictly said. "Okay dad." I said sarcastically. "My arm and shoulder's fine."

"You still need to be careful."

"Fine. I'm going to take a shower because I feel disgusting." I walked up the stairs, Nubs following behind me.

"Don't tell me that you're going to let him watch you."

"He's a cat, Jack. There's no reason to be jealous." I snickered and opened the door to my room.

I turned on the shower and let it warm up while I got my clothes.

Halfway through my shower Jack knocked on the door.

"Someone's here to see you." His voice was muffled but I could still make out what he was saying.

"I'm almost done." I replied and hurried up.

I went back downstairs only to be bum-rushed by a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I missed you so much. Oh my god, I thought you were going to die I'm so sorry for everything."

Right when I heard the voice, I knew it was Alex.

"I missed you too and don't say sorry, it's not your fault." I returned his hug. I was truly happy to see him alive and well. Due to the fact that I had to talk to police and stay in the hospital for a little bit longer, I forgot about him. As harsh as it sounds, I was more focused on Jack and talking to him about everything.