Chapter 7: Truth, Justice and Songs in Our Key

Chapter 7:

What Team?

Big Red and Cassidy are standing in the auditorium ready to take pictures of the cast in their High School Musical costumes for the program cover

Big Red and Cassidy are standing in the auditorium ready to take pictures of the cast in their High School Musical costumes for the program cover. Ricky walks in with his Troy outfit and an awful wig. "Come on guys, let's do this!" Nini, Kourtney, and Cassie can't help but let out loud laughs looking to the boys wig.

"What?" He asks as if he doesn't know about the bowl cut wig on his head.

"I can't, there's so much to talk about." Nini says while Kourtney is practically on the floor, dying of laughter. He turns to Cassie, "What??"

She laughs and ruffles his hair, "nothing nothing, just get your ass by the sign you goof." She pushes him away to the rest of the cast. Seb walks out in his Sharpay gear, and he looked absolutely fabulous. (no pun intended)

It took them about four times to take the picture due to no one jumping on time and Kourtney crossing in the way of the camera.

 "You guys this isn't that hard. You smile, you leave the earth, you land."

Nini speaks up, pointing to Ricky, "I can't look at Ricky, is that a problem?" Everyone laughs, making fun of him again. Carlos asks everyone to take a five. "Oh Five or after five?" Ricky says and Seb laughs, "I think he's mad at us."

EJ walks towards Gina who was on her phone. "I'm a smidge confused is the plan off? Because you made me take you to homecoming and then poured a drink over my head. Which actually happened in my favor." Gina looked a little confused about how her pouring punch on him was a favor. He continued, "after you left Cassie helped me get the punch out of my hair and we had a conversation about us and I ended up having a really good homecoming, and you seem pretty happy about being an understudy now."

"Does it have something to do with Ricky?" He had remembered Ricky was the one who took Gina home that night, leaving him to take home Cassie.

"What if it does?" She asks him.

"Well I guess it doesn't matter cause me and Cass are in a good spot now." He looks over to Cassie and sees her talking to Ricky and Red, laughing and touching Ricky's wig. 

"At least I hope we are."

~~

All the theater students, wait for Miss Jenn in rehearsal for Nini to start the number for 'When There Was Me And You'. They had been waiting for a while. Natalie tells them to flip the script and go ahead and start when Carlos walks in, "Okay, let's stage a number. I'm late." He chuckled. Nini asks if Miss Jenn was coming.