Chapter 8: Friendsgiving

Chapter 8:

Thanksgiving

Cassie was sitting with Seb on the piano as Nini and Ricky rehearse for 'Start Of Something New'

Cassie was sitting with Seb on the piano as Nini and Ricky rehearse for 'Start Of Something New'. The performance got cut short as the last bell rang. EJ stood up with both of his hands in the air, "Yes, Yes, Whoo! Sorry I really love Thanksgiving." The students laugh and Miss Jenn gets up to give her notes as everyone packs up their things.

"Your homework over this break, all of you, is to go on vocal rest. And go over your lines too, which is very hard to do on vocal rest. And remember, may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

EJ stands in front of the doorway so that Cassie couldn't leave, "EJ, you're blocking my doorway to happiness." She laughs at him while imitating Miss Jenn's voice. He laughs and takes her hand as he leads her down the hallway.

"My parents are treating Ashlyn's parents to a spa day after dinner tomorrow. They want us to have a meaningful night at the movies. I was hoping maybe you'd want to come over after they leave?" He scratches the back of his neck, hoping she'd want to come.

"Of course, my parents are in bed at like 6:00pm anyways. I'll definitely be there." She gives him a wide smile.

"Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow, everyone's invited!" EJ and Cassie hear Carlos's loud shouting from inside of the rehearsal room. Cassie laughed, "I guess Ashlyn beat us to it, bummer I was hoping it would just be us for a bit." She teases him and walks off.

~~

Cassidy arrived early to the party with Big Red to help Ashlyn set up. "Thanks you guys so much for helping." They smiled at her telling her it was no big deal. Cass was setting up the drinks while Red and Ashlyn set up the snacks into bowls. She couldn't help but overhear their conversation, considering she was the only other person there.

"Well hey I promise not to steal your phone, if you promise not to throw a basketball at my face."

"No, the only thing I'd throw at your face is a brighter spotlight, cause I like the way you sing." Red compliments her and walks to the living room. Cassie turns around towards Ashlyn in shock and waits til Red is out of earshot before speaking to her. "Ashlyn Caswell, what was that?"

"What was what?"

"Uhh 'the only thing I'd throw at your face is a brighter spotlight, cause I like the way you sing' She imitates Red while looking at Ashlyn with a smirk on her face. "He so likes you." Ash groans and looks to the smiling girl, "He does not."

"He so does." Cassie was cut off by her phone ringing, looking at the contact. She answered the phone and excused herself.