Chapter 6: I Hope You Dance

Chapter 6:

Homecoming

Big Red and Ricky were walking down the hallways of East High School, Ricky telling Red about the events of last night

"I can't believe you kissed her." Red exclaims, "the whole reason the three of us are friends is because of the pact you and Cass made to get your exes back, and then you kiss her? Dude, this doesn't sound like a good idea for either of you."

"I just got caught up in the moment and she happened to be there. It didn't mean anything." Ricky says as they walk further down the hallway.

"Didn't it? Friends don't just kiss each other man." Red looks to him as they round another corner. They see Cassie waiting for them by her locker.

 "Can we just let it go? Talk about something else?"

"Okay if there is nothing between the two of you then this is your chance to ask Nini to the homecoming dance. She's single and ready to mingle." He wiggles his eyebrows at Ricky as they walk up to Cassie's locker.

"Hey guys, what're we talking about?" She says with a smile, pushing the events of last night to the back of her mind as she looks at Ricky.

Red puts his arm around her shoulders as they begin to walk, "I was just telling Ricky that he should ask Nini to the dance, since she's single now." 

An idea popped into his head and he stopped walking, making the two other teens stop as well. "And you can ask EJ, it'll be a win-win." He suggest but she quickly denies.

"He just got out of a relationship I don't think it would be a good idea. I don't want things to happen too fast. Plus I was hoping to just go with you guys, it's my last homecoming and what better way to spend it then surrounded with the people who make my life better." Smiling, she bids then good bye and makes her way to the girls bathroom before class starts.

As she walks into the bathroom she sees Kourtney fixing her make-up, meaning Nini is probably in here too. "Hi Kourtney!"

"Oh, Hi Cassie." Her eyes widen, speaking a little loud so that Nini could hear her from the stall. The stall flushes over and over again and both girls hear a "Too big.. to go down.!"

Both girls share a disgusted and confused look and walk towards the stall to see what the commotion is. Nini was trying to flush a dress down the toilet.

 "I'm down with boys who think they can control me and exes who can't handle being friends." She states picking up the dress and moving it to the sink.

"Amen to that."

Cass decides to speak up, "Sorry to hear about the break-up, Nini. Trust me I 100% understand."