Chapter 11: Back in My Arms

Chapter 11:

Act Two

"We go back to the start when you're back in my arms."

Cassie Park stumbles as students run past her, frantically getting ready for the second act of the show

"Kourtney are you sure I have to wear this jacket? It might rip." Seb asks Kourtney, freaking out about the jacket. She assures him not to worry.

"Guys? Guys? Has anyone seen my glasses?" Ashlyn looks around distraught for her glasses that were placed on her head.

"On your head, Ash." Cassie tells her and pulls them from her head and puts them onto her face. She mumbles a small 'thank you' and turns to run around again.

"Places for Act Two, everyone. Troy you're on."

EJ turns around away from the mirror wearing the number 14 jersey that belonged to Troy Bolton. "Let's do this."

Cassie sits beside EJ, helping him with the Troy lines when Ashlyn walks over.

"What did you do to Ricky?" She gave him a cold stare. He looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed. "I didn't do anything. He asked me to fill in."

"So it's true. You're actually going on as Troy."

"Yep." He replies.

"I guess a certain part of me wants to say congratulations."

"And a certain part of me wants to throw up. What if this isn't the right decision." He turned to his girlfriend while asking the question.

She puts both hands on his shoulders. "EJ you'll do great, this is what you wanted from the beginning, right? To play Troy?"

He looks her in the eyes, "Sometimes what I wanted wasn't the best thing for me." She sighs, "Then do this for Ricky."

"Wait, if you're Troy then who's playing Chad?" Ashlyn asks confused until Carlos walk from the dressing room. "Buckle up, Wildcats." He says enthusiastically, "You ready, bro?" EJ fist-bumps him and walks out the room.

"Pray for me."

Since Cassie wasn't in the next scene she decided to go see if she couldn't find Ricky and see if he's doing okay. After a bit of searching she finds him in the hallway.

"I finally found you." She spoke up from her position on the wall. Ricky turns toward her and engulfs her in a big hug.

"What happened earlier?" She asks and they both slide down against the wall, shoulder to shoulder.