Chapter 10: Opening Night Jitters

Chapter 10:

Opening Night

A loud alarm wakes Cassidy Park out of her deep slumber

A loud alarm wakes Cassidy Park out of her deep slumber. She groans and hits the clock, laying in bed for a few minutes longer. Her eyes widen and she quickly sits up in bed.

Today is the day. Opening Night.

She gives herself a goofy grin in the mirror as she gets ready. She recalls the last few months leading up to this day. Her broken heart, her audition, the relationships she's made through this process, the laughs and the cries. All the things that have happened were well worth it and she couldn't be more grateful for her friends and fellow theater geeks.

Her phone buzzes, interrupting her thoughts. She looked to the text from Ricky that read, "Meet Big Red and I at my place."

"I wanna play you guys something. Just promise me you won't laugh." Ricky states as Cassie and Red arrive to the familiar room that Cassie now considered home, since she had spent most of her time there with them.

"I have no control over when I laugh, Rick." Red laughs and Ricky laughs too. "Here goes."

He begins playing guitar while the other teens took a seat.

"I fell in love, with the only girl who knows what I'm about. After all is said and done, I can't just pretend I'm moving on. Is it just a part we're playing? Cause it don't feel like we're faking." Cassie stares at him while he plays. She knows the song is for Nini, they had been through a lot and the words to the song fits them perfectly.

"The song is for Nini, like an opening night thing." He had a smile on his face while telling his two friends this. Cassie moves and sits beside him.

"Ricky it's great. I think she'll love it." She assures him. He smiles at her and walks over to the dresser and pulls out a small box.