Chapter 3: She Used To Be Mine

Chapter 3:

The Read- Through

Cassidy was walking down the hallway towards the auditorium to practice the first read through. Although she wasn't in the actual cast, Miss Jenn insists that she should be on the chorus, telling her that her voice was too good to not be apart of the musical. As she was walking the halls, she got a very strong cologne scent coming from the boys bathroom. Ricky then walked out with Big Red at the same time Cassie had passed the door.

"Oh my god what is that smell?" she crinkled her nose up in disgust and fake gagged. Ricky wrapped an arm around her shoulders before she pushed them off and took a few steps back.

 Ricky wrapped an arm around her shoulders before she pushed them off and took a few steps back

" It's 'Throb', Nini loves this stuff. Once she notices that I'm wearing it, she won't be able to stay away." He high fives Red while smirking.

"I feel bad for the poor freshman kid you stole this from, it's entirely too much. You probably shouldn't have used the whole bottle, Rick." 

 He gave her a look, "Hey I'm doing this for you too, Nini definitely won't be near EJ and you guys can talk." She gives him a small smile. "I guess you're right. Okay let's get going to the auditorium, can't miss that read through, Mr. Troy Bolton." She teases Ricky, giving him a punch on the arm as they walk down the hallway.

~~

EJ Caswell walks down the hallway with his phone in hand, recording a Instagram live about the musical.

"I am trading in my East High Leopards gear to be a Wildcat, starting today, because it's the day of the read through! Blessed to be playing Chad." He smiles to the phone while Ashlyn comes up beside him.

 "Hi!" EJ then ends the video and turns to Ashlyn." It seems like you're in a good mood."

He puts his phone away before responding, "That's just for the fans, Ash. Inside I am just a bucket of sad." As they turn the corner she says, "It is about the not getting Troy thing? Or the Ex girlfriend auditioning with your own girlfriends ex?"

"A little bit of both. I mean not only do I have to understudy my girlfriends ex, but then he comes to auditions with Cassie and they give an amazing audition too?" He sighs looking down, "I don't know what to feel. It brought back old memories of us, good times we had, and feelings we buried before the summer."  He thought about the times they had sang together in his room and smiled at the memory.

"I know it must suck, you guys had history and she was always there for you and me." Ashlyn absolutely adored Cassie and thought she was great for her cousin. She had always hung out with Ash before the breakup, but they don't talk much anymore due to her and EJ not being together.