Chapter 5: Right Here

Chapter 5:

Blocking

Cassie and the rest of the cast wait at the door for their first blocking rehearsal, which was closed due to Natalie Bagley searching for her emotional- support hamster who was lost

Cassie and the rest of the cast wait at the door for their first blocking rehearsal, which was closed due to Natalie Bagley searching for her emotional- support hamster who was lost. Arguing comes from down the hall causing everyone to looks towards the noise. EJ and Nini walk down the stairs.

"I was at the computer lab bribing some hacker to crack into my phone and recover a voicemail that you deleted when you stole it." Nini says this calmly to EJ not really wanting to make a scene.

"Why do you think that-" Nini cuts him off, "Oh please. Gina isn't the wonder study I have to worry about is she?" She says loudly causing the cast to awkwardly look up from their phones and watch the scene in front of them. Cassie looks up and EJ looks to her. She sighs looking back down at her phone. This wasn't her mess and she really didn't want to be in the middle of it.

"Can we talk about this over the-"

 "Don't." She cuts him off again.

"I told you I loved you and you didn't say it back. You said it to Ricky, and now I see the way he looks at you. I am just trying to hold onto what we had over the summer." He says.

Nini sighs again looking at EJ. "Summer's over. But hey at least now you won't have to feel guilty." EJ looks to her confused, "Guilty about what?"

"About all the thoughts you have about Cassie." She says to him bitterly. Both the teens turn to where she was standing, talking to Big Red and Ashlyn, laughing at something they said.

A high pitched screaming comes from inside the theater. 

"I think they found it." says Ashlyn.

~~

"Hey Red, where's Ricky?' Rehearsals had already started and Cass had yet to see the boy. Red givers her a shrug so she took out her phone and sent him a quick text.

 He texted back fairly quickly, responding with a 'Family troubles, on my way now'. She felt a bit sorry for the boy, she herself hasn't had family troubles but she sure knew of friends that did. She was always a shoulder to cry on for them, she was a pretty good listener too and only wanted her friends to be happy.

After watching an incredibly awkward performance between EJ and Nini, Ricky finally marches into the room. "Sorry I'm late my mom caught an earlier flight. Where were we?"

"Scene seven." Carlos says

Ricky looks around and groans, "Right, I don't have it. Cass could I borrow your script?"

 Cassie hands out her script to him before Miss Jenn speaks up. "You need your script Ricky, this is a blocking rehearsal." She sounded bothered, "when you come to rehearsal people, you come prepared." Natalie the walks into the room holding her hamsters box. She had yet to find him and said that there were teeth marks on her cherry lip balm. This seemed to upset Miss Jenn more.