Chapter 4: Enemies

Chapter 4:

The Wonderstudies

"This is not good. This is really not good." Ricky paces around the room as Big Red and Cassie sit on the bed and listen to him tell them about a voicemail he left for Nini.

"You broke her heart, you crashed her play, you bugged her for a little bit and then you left her an extra sad voicemail." Red said. "Do you think maybe it's time to move on?" Ricky asks his friends opinions.

"I am not really in a position to answer that question, Rick." Cassie speaks up while throwing a small basketball into the air and catching it, " I never know when to say goodbye."

"I wouldn't but you have that other thing, Pride

"I wouldn't but you have that other thing, Pride. Dude you are the lead in the play, it's time to start acting like it." Red turns to Cassie, "and you need to stop being so bum. You have an amazing singing voice and you're so patient, and trusting, and kind, and real. Anyone would be lucky to have you in their life." 

She lets out a big smile. "Yeah I'm pretty unique." 

They all chuckle and she opens her arms and brings both boys into a hug, "You guys are the best."

~~

Cassidy was waking with Miss Jenn to the rehearsal for Chad and Troy. She wanted to talk to Cass after about some dances, but with the tight schedule there was no other time to do it.

 "Troy and Chad. Scene 45."

She gave Ricky a smile as she took a seat in front of the piano so the boys could rehearse. Miss Jenn said that they sounded stiff and gave them a basketball to improvise with to get them more into the characters.

"Troy you are the best player we got, we are so dang lucky." EJ bitterly said to Ricky while bouncing the ball to him. 

"Wouldn't be anything without you." 

The boys continue on and start the throw the ball harder at each other, looking up from her phone Cassie sees Ricky throw the ball extremely hard at EJ, hitting him in the face, making his lip bleed. "Ricky!" she shouts to him and Miss Jenn tells EJ to get some ice.

"What the hell was that Ricky?" She stomps over to him. 

He stutters a bit, "I didn't mean to throw the ball that hard." He apologizes to her and she sighs. 

"I am not the one you should apologize to, go see if he's okay please?" He takes one last look at her before groaning and heading to the boys bathroom.