Epilogue

First I'd like to say, thank you so much to everyone and anyone who has read this story. I'm glad it impacted some people's lives, glad that it made some people laugh, and some people cry. I'm glad you clicked that vote button when you could. I'm glad you left me hilarious comments that made my heart swell. This story was an amazing journey for me and I truly adore you all. Thanks for everything. Stay STD free <3

“Excuse me! Excuse me, sorry! Oh, I’m so sorry!” I apologized for the hundredth time as I made my way over to my assigned seat for graduation. Too bad my last name started with a T instead of an F so that I can’t be with Winston.

I took my seat and I listened as Mrs. Hawkins called out name after name and handed each student their diploma. Anna and Ashley hugged each other, practically bawling while they shared their last moments together before we are really done with high school, forever.

I cheered when it was Winston’s turn to get his diploma and laughed at Maggie’s overly loud cheering.

“Hannah Marie Trimester,” Mrs. Hawkins called out and I stood up to hear my mom and dad’s cheering, with the addition to Lucas’ hollering. I rolled my eyes. My family was crazy.

Mrs. Hawkins slipped my diploma into my hands. “Do great things, Hannah. I know I was hard on you, but I expect the best from you.”

I smiled at her and nodded, walking back to take my seat and then I cheered when it was Omunique’s turn. She was my best friend and someone I was going to miss dearly. I don’t want to lose that girl.

After all names were announced, everyone stood up on the grass and some on top of their chairs and threw our hats high up into the air. I threw my arms around Omunique’s neck.

“I love you, whore!” I screamed.

She chuckled. “Love you too, slut. Do great things at Columbia.”

“You do great things at NYU.” I winked.

She gasped. “How did you know?”

“Matthew told me he applied there and that he made you do it too. We aren’t too far from each other, boo thang.” I rubbed up against her and she laughed, pushing me off.

“I was going to surprise you like on that episode of Glee where Kurt meets up with Rachelle.”

“You watch Glee?” My eyes grew wide.

She cleared her throat. “No.”

I laughed, throwing my arms around her again. “Ah! We can get an apartment together. Can you say, roommates?”

“Kill me,” she muttered. I swatted at her arm and she smiled. “You’re seriously the most amazing girl I know, I mean that.”

My eyes filled with tears. “I love you, seriously. You’re my first real friend ever.”

“I won’t stop being your friend, no matter where life takes us.” She squeezed my arm.

I choked back a sob. “Promise?” I looked up at her.

“Fa sho.” She pulled me into her arms and Anna, Ashley, and Melissandra ran over, squealing as usual, the girls.

“We are done with high school! Can you believe it?” Anna screamed.

“No, I can’t!” Ashley screamed back.

My tears overflowed. “I love all of you guys!”

“Group hug!” Anna grouped us all up and Omunique laughed.

“Stop being girls, jeez!” Winston joked, kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes, wiping my tears away.

This was the end. This was the last moment I’d spend with everyone all together. Lucas was going to UCLA with Gabby. Cornelia and my father were moving to New York for Cornelia’s fashion. Winston and I are going off to Columbia. This was seriously the end.

Winston picked me up, swinging me in a circle. “High school is done, officially.”

“I know.” I smiled up at him.

My mother walked over with my baby sister that she named Vandillia in her arms. She was gorgeous with a pair of big green eyes. I’m going to love this baby forever. My God was she cute.

“Mom!” I hugged her and she laughed.

“Congratulations, baby.”

“Now, on to harder math,” Bruter whispered in my ear. I turned to glare at him. He knows I hate math.

The afternoon was filled with people hugging, squealing, yelling, and saying their goodbyes. I think I must have hugged about a hundred people. Christina bumped into me and I stumbled back, catching myself.

She looked me up and down and then her eyes filled with tears. She looked away and then back at me.  “I’m sorry, Hannah,” she whispered. I froze, at a loss for words and then she walked off without looking back.

“Hannah, let’s go party tonight.” Omunique wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

“Want me to rap?”

“If it makes you feel better.” She snorted.

Oh, but it will. After all that has happened in my life, and after all that I am going to endure, I know one thing. I stayed STD free.