31. And I Thought the World Was Sane

Hehe xD Be ready for this awesomesauce chapter. Six left!! XD Stay STD free <3

Mervin was making me nervous as he chomped down on his gum, rolling his computer chair from one computer to another. Yeah, this guy had the works I tell you. At his side was a bag of powdered donuts and each time I tried to grab one he’d smack my hand. He obviously didn’t know that sharing was caring.

With a sigh, I crossed my arms, tapping my foot in irritation. “Merv—”

“Shh,” he cut me off again, running his hand through his brown curls, rolling his chair to his other computer, typing in some kind of code. What. The. Hell! I feel sorry for anyone who happened to be his girlfriend someday. He wasn’t ugly, not at all. In like a few more years he could be hot and successful like Bill Gates or something.

I’m in no way a fan of burning future bridges. This past week has sucked in all honesty. Yet, I wasn’t going to let it bring me down. The year was almost over. I just needed to finish my article, make sure my madre didn’t die in child birth and then all would be well.

“Dude, what are you doing?” I smacked him in the back of the head.

He didn’t even flinch. Mervin slowly turned around to glare at me like a tired parent. “Hannah, darling. I’m skipping freaking school with you for this. Can I please not be treated like an animal?”

I narrowed my eyes. “I just don’t feel in the loop.”

He sighed. “I’m waiting for the person to show up at school. As soon as they do show up, there will be a red dot on this computer.” He pointed to his desktop computer. “Then this computer…” He pointed to a laptop. “…Will start identifying the culprit. Do you feel in the loop now?” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and hit him again just because I can. “Yeah, thanks buttfart.”

He shook his head at me and then the computer popped up a red dot, the laptop going wild with beeping as it tried to pull up different suspects. Wow, this was really freaking awesome. My eyes grew wide as the laptop started flipping through suspects so fast I couldn’t even keep up anymore.

Then…it stopped. It just…stopped. Mervin and I butted each other and pushed to be the first one to find the culprit. Mervin’s jaw dropped and I gasped.

“What the fuckballs?” I screeched. “That can’t be right, that would be illegal, right?”

“Well…only if she were to get caught, which she is caught now.”

“That’s not right though, come on! That’s just stupid.” I snorted.

“Hannah, the tracker doesn’t lie.”

“Well, something isn’t right.”

“Is it really that hard to believe that Mrs. Hawkins could be up to it? I mean, after all, Hannah, she has hated you since the beginning of this year when you started going to detention.”

“She’s the principal! She has more class than that, I think something is wrong.” I grabbed my jacket and threw it around me, taking my keys out of my pocket.

“What are you doing?”

“Going to set things straight.” I hopped into my car and drove up to school, practically running over to Mrs. Hawkins’ office. I caught my breath and fixed my wildly arrayed hair, knocking on the door.

She opened the door to glare down at me. “What are you doing out of class?”

“I need to talk to you about something important.” Time to pull out the acting skills. I yanked the printed paper of the text messages out of my purse, holding them up to her face. “Mrs. Hawkins, I don’t feel safe at Juan Seguin Highschool.”