35. Oh Baby...You Just Keep Breaking My Heart

VOTE VOTE VOTEEEEEEEE PLEASE. Okay? XD Two chapters left :)

“Mom, you need to settle down, you can pop at any time and you keep doing too much,” Lucas warned for the hundredth time. I shook my head.

“I have to clean up.” My mom dusted the cabinets, one hand resting on top of her massive belly that houses her soon to be born child.

“Make Hannah clean.”

“What the fuck?” I snapped. He busted out laughing and my mom glared at me. “Sorry, mom.” I looked back down at my phone.

“Who are you texting?” Lucas crawled off of the couch to come bother me in the chair.

“No one, dang.” I swiveled my body so that my phone was out of his sight.

“Hannah, you are very interested in that cellphone of yours. Who could it possibly be?” He widened his eyes. I guess this was payback from Thanksgiving. Curse my life.

“Lucas, move!” I whined. He always bullies me. He put me in a headlock and I screamed right when he snatched my phone from out of my hands. He let me go and I slumped back in my chair. “You’re such an ass.”

“Oh, well I think that prom will be great. You and I are going to look good, smiley face.” Lucas laughed as he read my messages aloud.

“Lucas, please stop!” I ran over to him.

“I hope so, winkey face.” Then his eyes grew wide. Crap!

“Lucas!”

“Maybe after prom we can—”

“Give me my phone back!”

“…Continue where we—” In a panic, I punched him in the throat and he dropped my phone to the ground, clutching his throat. “Ow, what the hell?” He coughed, falling to his knees.

I put my phone in my pocket and the doorbell rang. I answered the door. “Hey, where have you been?” I looked up at Bruter.

“Eh, I was doing last minute school things for the end of the year.” He walked over and kissed my mother on the mouth and I started to close the door. Melissandra put her foot in the doorway before I could.

“What are you doing here?” I watched as she ran into my living room, her hair whipping around her face.

“Hannah, we have to talk. It’s so important!” She grabbed my hands, her eyes wide, her breathing labored.

“Okay…what is it?”

“Hannah, my throat hurts!” Lucas whined.

“Maria, stop doing so much and sit down,” Bruter ordered.

“It’s about all this mysterious stuff,” Melissandra whispered.

“I need to clean!” my mother yelled and then she froze.

“Hannah, I’m going to kill you,” Lucas promised.

I stuck my tongue out at him and Bruter’s eyes grew wider than I’ve ever seen them.

“Oh my God,” my mother whispered.

“Hannah, listen to me!” Melissandra demanded. I whipped my head back to her.

“Oh my God,” my mother whispered again. Bruter gasped and Lucas groaned.

“You have to be kidding me!”

“Hannah!”

“Call the—”

“Start the car!”