What to do now

-Not much demon or supernatural stuff in this chapter just 'deep' conversations just saying-

Both Arch-eler and Eddie fall to their knees once they safely teleport to a secluded ally way. Arch adjust himself, resting his elbows on his knees taking big breaths. Eddie sets Iramón and Ronové on the ground to look down at her arms.

Arch looks at his kids and Eddie in front of him, thanking whoever will accept his thanks that they made it out. They escaped. They're safe for now. He closes his eyes. He didn't think he would get tired this fast but he did just fight a couple of demons and got punched around quite a bit.

A loud sniffle makes Arch-eler open his eyes again. He looks up to see Eddie on the brink of crying. He now pays attention to the bruises and cuts she has on her neck and arms. She's also looking down at them, mostly paying attention to one that is bleeding more than the others.

She's slightly shaking and her breathing is becoming quick.

"Eddie-" He gets cut off by a sob.

"It doesn't even hurt that bad why am I crying?" She whimpers, rubbing her arm only to hiss and pull her hand away.

Arch gets up and sits next to Eddie, picking up the twins and sitting them on his legs to get them off the dirty ground. The twins immediately start relaxing once they physically touch their father.

"That's just the panic. You're fine." He sighs, wrapping his free arm around Eddie's shoulder and rubbing her arm to comfort her.

She freely cries into his shoulder. They stay quiet for awhile. Arch-eler cautiously glances around. Nobody seems to be in the alleyway with them. No unwanted eyes staring. Nobody walks into the alley which is good. They don't need the attention right now.

It takes a few minutes until Eddie finally calms down.

Arch stares at the bruises on her arms again. They were close to getting caught. His children's lives and his only fri....companion's life were in danger and he almost couldn't save them. If he was a second too late. If Eddie couldn't fight the demon in the nursery. If Mullin didn't volunteer to try to hold them back. If he didn't react quick enough when he fought in the kitchen.

They were there because of him. They were driven out of the house into some random unfamiliar alley way. He put their lives in danger because he allowed them to associate with him.

"I'm bad news Eddie." He speaks up. Eddie stays silent but confusion crosses her features. Arch takes it as a sign to continue.

"Mullin is right, surprisingly, I'll just bring you down as well. I think it's better if you just go. Forget about us."

Eddie sits up straight making Arch's arm fall off her shoulder. She twists her body to face him. "What no I.."

"Eddie. I'm a demon. Bad stuff is bound to follow me. You're probably better off on your own. Get away from this life. You could've died back in the house and it would've been my fault."

Eddie squinted her eyes, they flicked back and forth between the ground and her legs going over in her mind what he just said.

"Where would I go? I don't know anything about surviving on the streets. And dare I say we're friends. You've-"

Arch-eler notices her spilling that she considers him her friend which makes him happy on the inside but he doesn't let that stop him from trying to convince her that she doesn't need him.

"Anywhere from here. Anywhere away from me. I know you can survive on your own. Go live out your life. Something I didn't do. And look where that got me. The human I loved is dead. I have two children that I care about so much but demons are always searching. I've driven anyone who's given two shits about me away." He pauses for a moment to let the words come to his mind.

Arch runs a shaky hand through his hair. "I'm not fully demon or fully human, I have no idea what I fucking am anymore. I just want it to stop. But it won't. And I'm too much of a coward to make it stop."

Arch-eler brings his curled up fist to his mouth. He hangs his head and covers his mouth with his hand. Because this time he couldn't stop the tears. All the emotions including the one from earlier came rushing in at the same time. Even some pent up emotions of Baby's death and the disappointing reports Mullin used to give him came through.

This is the most human he's felt in a long time. And he doesn't know if that's a good thing or bad thing anymore.

Iramon notices her father start crying. "Pa'ah?" Her and her brother are extremely confused on what's happening and by they're in a different place. She moves a bit further up his lap.

Eddie leans in and wraps her arms around Arch-eler, this time his head was against her shoulder and chest. "You haven't driven me away." She tells him her voice filled with determination.

"I don't care if you're a demon or human or a fairy. You let me into your house. You protected me and your kids as best as you could. You allow me to see this side of you that's vulnerable. And you keep fighting. Even if you're tired of it, you still fought. But you can't give up now. You've probably given up on me and that's fine. But you can't give up on yourself."

Eddie stops talking, hesitating on what to say next.

"I've been at the low point you're at right now. About just wanting to end it all. And I got close but I didn't give up. I fought through it because I knew that someday something will show up that will make it better. And it seems like that day may never come but it will. Just take it easy. Take a breath. And go one step at a time. Think things through. You're tough, today you proved that. Now you need to believe it."