25. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK, OR NO?

Jungkook's birthday was the next day, but sadly, the boys were all separate, unable to get together for the celebration

Jungkook's birthday was the next day, but sadly, the boys were all separate, unable to get together for the celebration. Jungkook didn't mind. He said he would spend time with his family.

But as his guardian, I had to do something, for I had decided to stay with him the whole day, come tomorrow. I would give him whatever he would ask for, let him do whatever he wanted to do. He would like it. I'm sure he would.

If only things wouldn't have blown up the way they did.

And this time, I couldn't just go ahead and blame and hurt people for it. I had messed up big time. I didn't even know what I was doing. I literally tried to kill people. Even though Hyun Jin was wrong, I had no right to kill someone, no matter what the reason. It made me no different from the vengeful spirits. Actually, it made me no different from Hee Jin himself.

I sighed in frustration. Was all this happening to me because I hurt mortals? Was I being punished? If so, how do I stop it? If I say I was protecting BTS, will it work? I didn't think so.

Mentioning BTS would only drag them in my mess. And I couldn't afford that. Not with my powers weak and BTS dignity on the edge of a cliff.

So I did the one thing I felt right. I visited the fake fan in the hospital.

Once I reached the hospital, I found out that the fake fan, named Nam Sarang, was in the ICU, critical.

Great. One more burden.

Quietly, I passed through hall ways until I reached the ward were Sarang was said to be. The whole passage was quite, so when I entered the ward and was greeted with more pin drop silence, I wasn't surprised. I ghost like me had already become used to too much silence.

The room was quiet empty, save for a few occupied beds.  I passed bed after bed, searching for the familiar face until I stopped at the far end bed in the left side. I would have walked out of the room, thinking she wasn't there if I hadn't recognised the patient.

Nam Sarang looked nothing like the last time I had seen her.

IVs connected to her went all the way to blood bags and saline bags. A huge cylinder like thing circled Sarang as she lay in the bed. I didn't know what they called it, but I knew it was something they used for burnt patient's.

Burnt.

I had burnt Nam Sarang.

Taking a few steps forward, I stared at her charred face, which was a meaty red. One side of her head was covered in burnt skin, exposing her sculp. Half of her hairs were cut of due to the burnt area. The last time I saw her, she was such a beautiful girl, now, I couldn't even recognise her.

I breathed through my mouth, trying to cover my nose because of the pungent smell escaping from the still raw wounds.

"Merciful Heavens..." whispered I.