Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Annabeth’s POV

                “Percy no!” I screamed as hard as I could. Even with the time slowed down, my words were still audible. He turned towards me. I felt the time go back to normal and I fell to the ground; but I was bound with chains. Thalia, struggling and flopping like a fish besides me, called out in anger. “Stupid fish breath! How could you work for that load of scum?” Any compassion in Percy’s face disappeared, and he bent down and grabbed Thalia’s face in his hands. “Well Grace, it was quite easy. But how about you ask these two-“He gestured around to Poseidon and me while Thalia glared at him for calling her by her last name. “Why I’m working for Kronos.” Thalia turned her electric blue eyes onto us.

                                “Well..?” Thalia asked impatiently. After a long pause, Percy snorted. “Fine. Since you two are apparently tongue tied I shall do it. Annabeth cheated on me with Alton and Poseidon, along with others, forgot me. Happy?” He glowered at us. Thalia flinched from the unusual expression from Percy. “So the little baby needed to escape because he wasn’t getting enough attention?” A cruel voice mocked. We turned to see Clarisse aiming a brand new electric spear at Percy’s head. “It’s over punk” She snarled. Calypso- or should I say Rhea- merely stepped forward and snapped her fingers. Chains tied Clarisse down on the spot. “Precede, Percy” Rhea smiled.

                “The first thing I’ll need; a lock from the hearts past” Percy seemed to be reading, even though his eyes were closed. He bent down and gently gripped my hair. He reached in my pocket and grabbed the bronze knife Luke had given me so long ago; the one that had taken Luke’s life. “Seems fitting” Percy reasoned. He cut of a chunk of my hair then threw it into the fire. He then turned to Poseidon. “I now need parents’ consent. And since Sally never gave me her current address and I don’t want to track her down-“His face darkened. “I need your consent” Poseidon nearly choked on disbelief. “You- really- think-“He barely managed to get each word out. “I would give you my consent to destroy my home?” Poseidon looked incredulous. “It’s not as ridiculous as it sounds. Please don’t make me torture you” Percy seemed to be begging Poseidon. What happened to the heart of steel Percy from a minute ago? 

                “No wonder Percy doesn’t love you. All you do is watch and occasionally add a smartass comment” Rhea taunted. I gritted my teeth. “At least I am intelligent” Are you sure you’re a daughter of Athena? Even with the bubble head my granddaughter is she still wouldn’t say “I know you are but what am I” Rhea taunted. I looked up and glared at Rhea. She smirked, rolling her eyes at me. I knew she was just trying to make me lose my wits and attack her, and she almost succeeded as I was about to go over and smack the Zeus out of her when a blood curdling scream interrupted me. I swiveled as much as I could, trying to locate the noise.

                                Poseidon was hunched over; screaming in pain. But he never gave his blessing to Percy. Percy appeared agitated by this, bending over and grasping the man’s face in his hands. “Just give me your blessing” Percy seemed to beg.

Was it just me, or were those tears in his eyes?

Percy’s POV

                “It’s not as ridiculous as it sounds. Please don’t make me torture you” I attempted to remain stolid but my voice cracked, giving me away. Poseidon continued to stare at me with that brooding look that often got me pegged as a trouble maker. I sighed, knowing what would happen if he didn’t oblige.

                “If he won’t say it-“Kronos began, but was interrupted by a scream. Poseidon fell to the ground and panic flooded my chest. “What are you doing to him?!” I mentally cried out. Kronos merely chuckled. “It is not I who is doing that “He seemed to say this with revere, almost admiration in fact. I looked up to see Calypso staring intently at the Sea God.

                My eyes widened; how does Calypso have this much power? Bending down, I grasped Poseidon’s face in my hands. “Just give me your blessing” I begged once more. Poseidon still held out and took the pain; I knew he wasn’t going to budge any time soon. “Sorry dear” A female’s cold voice echoed through my head. “But the only way to get him to talk is to- resort to unnecessary measures” I was about to question the voice when a sharp pain stabbed at my side.

*A LITTLE GRAPHIC, NOT MUCH THOUGH*

                Fiery hot pain raced up my back; greater than any pain I’ve faced before. Imagine a thousand knifes being scrapped across your back. A dozen whips lashing your face. Every. Single. One of your fingernails being ripped off. Multiply that by about a million.

*END OF ANY GRAPHICNESS REALLY*

Yeah. Then you’d know the pain.

                A coating of red layered my vision; like I was wearing red tinted sunglasses. I managed to see Poseidon resting on the ground, breathing heavily. I felt a hand on my arm and saw a flash of blond hair. “Annabeth” I growled. Shakily standing, I wretched away from her; noticing she was able to get her hand ties undone. Letting out a scream of pain, I fell back to the ground as a particularly bad pain sliced through my body. I saw Poseidon glance up; finally noticing my pain.

                “Percy!” He called, attempting to crawl towards me. “Say the blessing or the kid suffers more” Calypso said. Why was she torturing me? After Annabeth, and all the others leaving me; I thought she would stick by my side. I guess not.

“I, Poseidon, give my father Kronos permission to enter the body of my son; Perseus Jackson”

 I heard Poseidon stumble across the last few words; but he managed to force it out. The pain abruptly lightened; and I was able to wearily stand. “Now you must complete the process. Take out the moon flower and camp beads” I was about to protest when my mouth shut for me. Seems Kronos wasn’t taking no for an answer.

Reaching into my pocket; I withdrew the Moon Lace Calypso had given me when I first met her. And the camp necklace I’ve had for nearly 6 years. “Drop the flower into the fire and repeat after me” I fingered the soft, downy petals before tossing it into the harsh flames. Words seemed to flow from my mouth as I tossed the necklace in as well; watching the beads erupt into tiny green Greek fire.

“Through the flower I give up love. It shall never again corrupt me and lead me astray. Through the beads I give up any future at the place I once called home. Satyrs, Gods, and friends shall no longer divert me from my path”

                At these words, I felt a great weight lift my shoulders. As if the weight of the sky were being lifted away.

And believe me; I know how that feels.

Annabeth’s POV

                Percy finished his pledge; flexing his arms and grinning. There seemed to be no difference in him. “Percy-“ I began. He turned his face towards me. I stumbled towards him, still bound by chains. “Please” I felt a tear go down my face as I stared into his cold eyes. “Keep control. Don’t let him control you like Luke” At the mention of Luke’s name, Percy’s nostrils flared. I reared back as Percy’s hand connected with my face.

                Stunning gold irises scanned my face; the daunting words that followed struck me even more than Percys fist.

The Perseus you knew is no longer here. He hasn’t been in a long time. I am now Kronos, King of the Titans. Master of time”