Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Percy’s POV

We get rid of any ties to your former life you may have” Kronos said simply.

At these words, I jolted my head up. Did he mean we were going to kill my family? While thinking this I heard a small noise in the back ground; almost like talking. I inclined my head when Kronos began to speak “Perseus, I have not been alive for millennia’s for no reason” He chided. “I know that killing your family now would do no good. Your flaw is still personal loyalty; even if you don’t believe it is or wish it to be” I grumbled at that thought. “Hey buddy just because you ate your kids because you were power hungry doesn’t mean we all get rid of our families just because- “Even though they betrayed you?” Kronos interrupted. “Face it Perseus; your mom left you. Annabeth left you for that Apollo kid you dislike. And even that putrid Satyr has left you. The only person you have left, I hate to say it, is me”

Nicos POV

“You all must be wondering what this meeting is about. Well, we have received disturbing news on the camper known as Percy Jackson”

I fidgeted nervously; I still couldn’t believe Percy acted that way when I encountered him by the Styx. But then again, I haven’t heard from the guy since the war. “What about him?” Clarisse asked bluntly. I quickly glanced over at Annabeth, expecting a worried look on her face. But Annabeth had a calm easy smile on her face. “What was going on? I thought she was dating Percy.” I muttered to myself, frowning slightly. “Anything to add, Mr. di Angelo?” Chiron asked. “As I recall, you were the one to encounter Percy. Could you explain to us what happened?” Chiron’s voice was reassuring; he wasn’t trying to put me on the spot, but he knew they needed to know the information.

I coughed and began to tell what happened. “I was going to do my daily chore of feeding Cerberus-“ I heard a choking sound from Annabeth. “When I see a red aura near the Styx, I was surprised a living person was in the Underworld besides me, so I went to check it out and there was Percy” “And what was he doing?” Chiron prompted. I pursed my lips. “He appeared to be about to bathe in the Styx” Everyone gasped at that reply. “But that could kill him!”  Annabeth argued, suddenly engaged in the conversation.  “He already bathed in the Styx, why again-““Quiet” Chiron commanded. “Let the boy finish his story. “Percy was acting odd, even for Percy. He was telling me to go, sweating buckets, and he seemed to be arguing with himself in his mind.” Chiron’s head shot up when he said that. He looked over at Annabeth and they seemed to have another silent conversation. I hate when people do that.

It’s just another thing I’m left out of.

Annabeths POV

As Nico began his tale I began to worry; people hadn’t seen Percy for days. Where could he be? “I was going to do my daily chore of feeding Cerberus-“Nico began. I couldn’t help but choke on the water I just sipped; I remembered Cerberus from the last quest we went on to the Underworld. I couldn’t believe any person could approach him without a red squeaky- “When I see a red aura near the Styx, I was surprised a living person was in the Underworld besides me, so I went to check it out and there was Percy” Nico continued. My thoughts instantly began processing; what was Percy doing down there? Chiron seemed to read my mind as he asked. “And what was he doing?” “He appeared to be about to bathe in the Styx” Everyone gasped at that reply, including me; why would Percy need to bathe in the Styx? Hadn’t he already?

“But that could kill him!” I protested; Nico must be lying. “He already bathed in the Styx, why again-““Quiet” Chiron commanded. “Let the boy finish his story. “Percy was acting odd, even for Percy. He was telling me to go, sweating buckets, and he seemed to be arguing with himself in his mind.” I glanced up at Chiron at that thought; staring into his eyes. Our conversation went like this- “Arguing in his mind? Couldn’t it mean- “Quiet Child. We shall discuss this later”

At that parting note, Chiron decided to end the meeting. “Quick announcement” Chiron added. “The Hunters will be arriving shortly as Lady Artemis is needed on Olympus” I smiled at that thought. I had also not seen Thalia since the war; with all the monsters from Kronos army released, the Hunters were going into overtime. As I left the house, I decided to take a stroll through the cabins. I had also redesigned these, being the official Architect of Olympus I am. Pausing just outside the Big Threes cabin, I noticed a glowing coming from Perc- I mean Poseidon’s cabin. I looked around quickly to see if anyone was watching, then dashed in quickly through the door, slamming it behind me.

Now, Children of other Gods aren’t allowed in others cabins unless invited. So I was expecting any moment now to get fried, or worse; since I was a daughter of Athena, Poseidon’s bitter rival. Not wasting any time, I quickly ran to the source of the glowing; the fountain Percy received as a gift from his father. It was glowing green and a cool female’s voice said “Please deposit one golden drachma” I hastily dug through my purse. Finding one, I dropped it into the fountain. After a moment’s pause, Percy’s face appeared on the screen. He appeared to still be in the Underworld, just lying on the grass outside the Styx.

I nearly jumped 10 feet in the air when Grover tapped me on the shoulder; Chiron, Nico, and a surprised looking Thalia behind him. I silenced them with a look then pointed at the screen.  “What’s the plan now, buddy?” Percy said, appearing to talk to himself. “We get rid of any ties to your former life you may have” A voice I would recognize anywhere, one that still haunts my dreams, replied. I noticed Percy’s face blanch and realized with a chill; ties to his former life would be Camp, and that means Kronos wishes to destroy Camp! “Chiron, we must-“ I began. Percy seemed to hear her as his head inclined. Chiron silenced her with a look and put 1 finger up, meaning a clear message; wait.

Perseus, I have not been alive for millennia’s for no reason” Kronos chided. “I know that killing your family now would do no good. Your flaw is still personal loyalty; even if you don’t believe it is or wish it to be” I relaxed at those words. Percy’s face grew a mask of anger. “Hey buddy just because you ate your kids because you were power hungry doesn’t mean we all get rid of our families just because-“I nearly burst out laughing. Buddy?! Chiron looked incredulous while I shared a glance with Grover and Thalia and we all shook our heads; Seaweed Brain.

“Even though they betrayed you?” Kronos interrupted Percy. “Face it Perseus; your mom left you. Annabeth left you for that Apollo kid you dislike” Thalia glared at me at that statement. Crap. Guess she wasn’t up to speed. “And even that putrid Satyr has left you.” Grover shifted uncomfortably.” The only person you have left, I hate to say it, is me”