Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Annabeth’s POV

                “Noooo” I moaned. I felt someone shaking me. “Annabeth get off me!” I cried, flipping a pillow over my head. “Relax, it’s me” A male’s voice said in the darkness. I removed the pillow from my head and glanced up. A tiny sliver of light from the open doorway revealed who this person was.

It was Alton

                He was standing above me; a sly grin plastered across his face. Groaning audibly, I turned on my side. “What do you want Alton?” I asked. He looked hurt for a second then regained his cool composure. “Why have you not been talking to me at all the past week?” He asked. I sighed. “Look, Alton. I’m just not into you anymore” I was never good at sensitivity.

                Instead of looking hurt or storming out of the cabin like I expected; Alton merely smirked. He leaned in; his mint breath tickling my face as he spoke. “You just caused the biggest war this camps ever seen, Miss Chase. I hope you remember that” At those words; Mrs O’Leary began to bark. I pushed Alton aside and ran outside; drawing my knife as I ran.

                Marching towards camp was the biggest army of monsters I have ever seen. Imagine a football stadium crowd; now times that by two. Dracnae, Cyclopes, and many more different types of monsters easily crossed over the camp boundary. There was more than four times the amount of campers we had. And guess who was leading them?

Rhea herself

                “Put down your weapons, half-bloods. We only wish to talk” Rhea cooed. I looked behind me and nearly dropped my knife; nearly the entire camp had gathered behind me in the few short seconds it had taken for Kronos army to reach the camp. Gritting my teeth, I turned back to face Rhea.

                “And where is the mighty Titan Lord himself?” I heard Clarisse call. Rhea smirked; brushing her curly hair back. “Why my lord is resting for the battle tonight; if need be” “Let me guess; you wish for us to join your army to overthrow the Gods so then there will be no war between your army and us?” A half blood from the Hermes cabin called.

 “Yes “Rhea replied simply. “If you wish to join us, please come over here. You are welcome with open arms” She spread her arms out like she was giving a hug. To my surprise; not one single camper headed over to their side. Except two.

Alton strutted over to Rhea; hand in hand with…. Drew?

                “Hello, M’ lady” Alton bowed, kissing Rhea’s hand. She blushed, and then regained her composure. Drew flipped her long brown hair and called to her siblings. “Come, guys. Don’t make me have you wear the shoes” The Aphrodite cabin shuddered; but they all remained on our side. “Oh a charm speaker I see” Rhea eyes Drew apprehensively. “Very useful” “Thanks!” Drew beamed and eyed the entire camp like “See! Someone finds a daughter of Aphrodite useful!”

                 “Is that all?” Rhea asked, sounding disappointed. When no other campers volunteered, Rhea waved. “Well see you tonight!” She said cheerily. As if they were meeting for the movies instead of going to war.

I wish

Kronos POV

                While my Rhea was rounding up and half- blood brats that wished to join us; I had a more important mission.

Tracking down Sally Jackson

                With Perseus stuggling inside my head, the only thing to crush his spirit and be the ultimate blow would be to eliminate all close relations. And his mom was first on the list.

                Rhea believed me to be crazy; chiding me constantly “Focus on the world! Not your puny hosts relatives” I nearly snapped. I will not make the same mistake I made with Luke; where that Annabeth girl managed to convince him to fight. I will not have Perseus resist me.

                “Good luck with that” Percy snorted in my head. “I haven’t been able to track down my mom. Seems she didn’t want to be found by anyone.. More specifically me” His voice was bitter. I merely chuckled. “Quit feeling pity for yourself, half- blood. Think of it this way; right now its all about you!” I laughed.  Perseus didn’t respond.

I had managed to track down Paul Blofis; and knowing how the woman is married to him, it ought be pretty easy to find them both. It only took a daughter of Hecate, lock of hair from myself, and some gadget called Google Earth to track them down.

I teleported to the street that they are believed to live on; walking down the worn pavement, I paused to quickly stare into each house. I looked at each street number and finally found the place they are believed to be.

Striding to the door, I knocked. I took a deep breath and put on my sunglasses; why  not have a little fun before I murder her?

A frail female answered the door. She had dark, curly hair and eyes that seemed to change color with the wind. When she saw me, she engulfed me in a hug.

“Percy!” She cried. Examining my face; she ushered me in. “I baked a new batch of cookies too!” She brought out some blue cookies. I snorted; how daft even the mother of the supposedly greatest demi- god in history was. “Why did you abandon me?” The words seemed to flow from my mouth. Sally Jackson’s face slacked. “Answer me!” I knocked the tray of cookies to the floor. “What do you mean?” Sally asked. I must give her credit; she held a brave face that seemed to say “I deal with out-of-control demi- god teenagers daily”

“Why did you leave me to come here?” I asked impatiently. She bit her lip. “We assumed since you were nearly 18... And didn’t protest. That you were fine with it” “Fine?! With being abandoned by my own mother!” The words were forced out. I recoiled; tightening my grip on Perseus. He will not take control.

“Look Percy I’m sorry” She said. I rolled my eyes. “That would be a great apology that I’m sure he would accept... If he could hear you” I threw off my sunglasses. She instantly raced to the kitchen at the sight of my eyes; grabbing a.. frying pan?

Time to have some fun