Chapter 8

Quick AN-

When the words are in italic, It is Kronos talking in Percys mind or- later on- through Percy’s lips. But in other POV, it will be their inner thoughts. May seem confusing, but it will make sense once you read it XD

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

Percy’s POV- The next day

                As Themis lead me to their headquarters, I couldn’t help thinking about whether I made the wrong choice. All thoughts of that vanished from my head as soon as I saw the hordes of monsters waiting to greet me. Some, like the Minotaur, just glared at the memories of me kicking their furry behinds. Others just stared, and most just continued what they were doing before; ripping half-blood dummies to shreds.

                “Welcome, Perseus Jackson. To the residence of the new generation” Themis said warmly, as if there weren’t about 300 monsters glaring our way. “Uh… thanks” I said stupidly. I saw a couple minor Gods shake their heads and knew what was going through their minds; “This is the kid whos gonna host Kronos?”

                “I am glad you see things this way, Perseus Jackson” A familiar cold voice whispered in my head; Kronos. “Itll be an honor to serve you” I replied grudgingly in my head. Kronos cruel laugh echoed through my head. “Obedience does not come naturally to you, does it?” I felt a pang at these words, remembering the time my father once said them to me. Kronos seemed to take pity. “Forget them, Perseus. The new reign of the titans will soon begin!”

Annabeths POV

                I sat up in my bed, groggily smiling at the sun. Today was going to be a great day! The clouds are shining, the sun puffy- Wait, maybe I mixed those up. Oh well! I got dressed then led my cabin, as usual, to the Pavilion. “Annabeth, are you all right? Your walking sort of weird” My half-sister Rose said with a look of concern. I waved her off then sat down, looking over to the Apollo table. Alton seemed to be in the same happy mood as me, waving he knocked over a pitcher of juice (since when are those there? I thought the cups refilled themselves..)

                As breakfast passed, Chiron banged his hoof on the ground. “Counselors, report to me for a brief counselor meeting!” Chiron called, then soon announced breakfast was dismissed. I headed towards the big table, each step seeming sluggish; even to me .After what seemed to be a millennia I finally reached the table. Putting a hand on the nearest demigod (who happened to be Drew) I steadied myself. “Ewe get off me!” Drew shrieked, trying to swat Annabeth away as if she had some sort of disease. “Annabeth, please remove your hand from Drew’s shoulder” Chiron said, seeming put out. I slowly pulled away, attempting to balance myself when I face planted to the floor.

                “Annabeth!” I heard several counselors shout. I wobbly stood and raised my hands triumphantly. “Grover, please escort Miss Chase to the porch of the Big House” Chiron said with a frown. Grover led me to the Big House. Minutes later, Chiron arrived as well. Chiron stared into my eyes. “Nymph sap” He muttered, reaching into his bag, He pulled out a can of coke. “Drink up” He said with a seemingly forced smile. I took the soda and chugged it; it burned my throat.

                A tremor went through me and I clutched my head in pain. “Biggest. Headache, Ever.” I groaned, Chiron nodded. “So would you like to tell me why you drank Nymph sap? I have trained you well enough to know the effects” “It was secondhand!” I blurted out. Chiron raised an eyebrow. “Oh? Well then drank it in the first place?” His question was met with silence. I wouldn’t rat Alton out. “Very well, Miss Chase. Be careful who you share drinks or…. Other things with” My face turned bright red with embarrassment, but I took that as a dismissal and left the room.

Percy’s POV

                After that dramatic speech, Kronos decided to remain quiet; at least for a little bit. “Perseus, if you are to become my host. We must begin now” “Really? On the first day I’m here” I complained. I mentally pictured Kronos nodding in response. “Well what’s first?” I said sarcastically, but Kronos didn’t seem to get it. “You must bathe in the River Styx once more” “I already have” I tapped my stomach. “Invincibleness over here” “The Curse of Achilles has worn off due to your mortal point-“ I made a choking sound; I remembered exactly who my mortal point was. “Not being there for you anymore” I nodded, and then remembered he wasn’t physically here with me. “So when do we leave?” I asked wearily. “Now”