Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Annabeth POV

                You may be wondering “Gee, Annabeth, how can you be so cruel to run your once best friend out of camp?

Truth is, I’m wondering that too.

                It’s been two hours since Percy and Calypso have left- “Left? You mean were run out?” The voice in my head chided me. I hung my head, and glanced around me. Every camper was partying; they believed that with the “traitors” gone, that we had less of a chance of getting attacked. Heck, I’d probably believe the same. IF my mother wasn’t the goddess of wisdom that is. Any strategist would know that taking out one small piece of the puzzle doesn’t do anything; No, you have to take out the root. “And no way Percy was the root” I snorted, earning a few weird looks.

                Glancing around, I see nobody else was feeling any bad about what they have done. Wait, Grover’s looking pretty ba- Never mind, he just had gas. “Well why should they feel bad?” My inner voice questioned. “They were just following their leaders; the fierce Daughter of Wisdom and her boyfriend, Alton the hero”

                “Hey babe” Alton slurred, wrapping an arm around me. “Did you drink the tree sap from Junipers tree?” I demanded, noticing his slurred words and slouched posture. “Maybe” He smiled like a little kid. “What are you going to do to punish me for it?” Instead of answering, I led him off towards his cabin. “Don’t you know Nymphs put stuff in the saps of their trees in order to keep stupid demigods like you from harming it?” I snapped, and then recoiled. I didn’t mean to burst out like that.

                “Whoa babe chill out” Alton’s eyebrows furrowed as he stopped in his tracks right outside the Artemis cabin. “You look beautiful in the glow of the cabin” He whispered. I gently tried pushing him away, knowing he wasn’t acting like himself because of the sap. He leaned in, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me fiercely. I struggled to get away from him, knowing the effects of Nymph tree sap when passed through saliva.

                Alton leaned away, grinning. I leaned back and smiled myself. My mind was fuzzy, and I was barely able to process a thought.

                Unusual for a child of Athena, no?

Percy’s POV

“Hello Percy” A woman’s cold voice whispered in my ear. I jumped, startled, and grabbed the nearest weapon I could. This happened to be… a lamp. “Do not worry, young hero. I have only come to talk” The woman spoke again. I finally turned to face her, and nearly gasped out loud.

                This woman had curly brown hair that flowed nearly to her elbows and her eyes were a mystical blue. She gave off a special aura of power incomparable to any other goddess, except one. “That is because I am no ordinary Goddess, young hero” the woman smiled. “I am Themis; Titan of Law and Order, Oracles, and second wife of Zeus” she practically glowered at that last part. I wasn’t surprised; only a woman this beautiful could be the ex-wife of the Sky King.

                “What do you want?” I demanded, brandishing my.. Lamp threateningly. “I want to make you an offer” She smiled and gestured toward two chairs. I reluctantly sat, never letting my guard down. “As you may have heard” She began. “The great lord Kronos has begun his journey back into the living world. He has learned from his mistakes last time, and realized his biggest one; not trying hard enough to get you on his side.” She paused. “I, being his personal adviser, have also realized that not having you on our side would be foolish. Remember, I am the Titan of Oracles; meaning I have a pretty good read on the future-” “So basically you’re asking me to join?!” I interrupted. “To put it in simple terms, yes” She sighed.

                “Hades no!” I exclaimed incredulously. “After risking my life last time do you really thin-““Don’t be so hasty” Themis warned. “What do you really have here? Your girlfriends left you; your best friends have also. Even the Gods have abandoned you; they haven’t stuck to their promise you know” She informed him. The bad part was I actually believed her; the Gods have always been so selfish so I knew they would forget the promise to claim their children by 13. “Don’t believe me? Let me show you” Themis said, holding up her hands. Before I could protest, she put her hands on either side of my head.

                Visions started to go through my mind; tired, beaten half-bloods making it to Camp. Angry kids sitting in the Hermes cabin, waiting to be claimed. The Gods partying up at Olympus, not a care in the world. My father Poseidon at the head, drinking from a golden goblet and laughing merrily at a joke Apollo had said.

                Then the visions slowed, and I saw one in particular; two demi god figures were outlined by the glow of Cabin Six. The girls blond hair was tangled, but the boy didn’t mind. He ran his fingers through her hair and wrapped his arms around her waist. The girl said something uncomprehend able, but the boy leaned in and kissed her. After a moment’s pause she kissed back. They separated, each face of the happy couple lit up in glee. I finally realized who I was watching. It was Annabeth and Alton.

                “STOP!” I mentally shrieked, clutching my head. Yet the visions continued. It showed Paul and my mom without a care in the world, playing checkers on a balcony overlooking the ocean.  Now it showed future visions; me, looking resentful and alone, in my late 20’s. Watching the campers of Camp Half Blood through an Iris Message. I saw my future self’s hand clutch; I looked at the Iris Message and saw Annabeth, also in her 20’s, looking beautiful as ever holding hands with Alton who happened to have a wedding band on his finger-

                “STOP!!” I physically shoved Themis away; but the Goddess didn’t seem to mind. She merely smiled. “The end there? That was your future without us. Percy, were more of a family then you think. Don’t you miss having a family?” Her eyes practically oozed sympathy and warmth. I lifted my head.

                “Fine. I will join you” At these words, Themis looked overjoyed. She opened her mouth to speak when I cut her off. “But, on three conditions” I growled, still angry at the visions. “One; the Gods will not be killed, only tortured. Two; I get to decide the fate of my friends.” Themis nodded. “And three; I get to be Kronos new host.” “I think we can oblige to those terms” Themis smiled wickedly.