Ch. 8

It's been a week here in Florida already. Jacob did as he said and bought us an apartment. Not much has changed though, we've been chilling in the apartment practically everyday. Mainly we spent our days sleeping. I've never slept so well in my life. I finally felt relaxed. Not worried about how we were gonna survive in this city without being caught, not stressed, nothing. 

Jacob could feel it too. He took advantage of it way more than I did. He started photography. It was simple stuff like the sunsets or the ocean off in the distance from our apartment, but I could tell he was happy. He was enjoying life for once. Besides taking pictures of the ocean and sky, he enjoyed having me be his model. My favorite one he took of me was a silouette picture. I was leaning over our balcony watching the sunset, and you could see my hair, big sweatshirt, and my legs. It was a beautiful picture. 

Today was different though, for once, we weren't asleep. It was 3:00 pm, and we decided we wanted to go out and view our new area.

"How about this K, I take you out for dinner, and then we go to the beach. That okay with you?" Jacob asked.

"Sure, but nothing too fancy. I'm not that type and you know it."

"Hahaha no problem! I looked up a cool burger place while you were sleep, and it's right by the beach. We can literally walk too."

"Ooo burgers are bae. Alright I'm in! When you wanna go?" I asked.

"Whenever you're ready Kenya."

I went into the bathroom to throw on another one of my big sweatshirts. Underneath I had my bikini with flip flops. I put my red hair in a side braid and threw on my bucket hat and some shades. I grabbed my bag and we were off.

"You know, I still am not used to you with your hair that short Jacob." I said.

"Yo, who's Jacob? I'm Niqo." He winked.

"My bad Niqo. But still, your head is kinda oddly shaped." He stopped in his tracks when I said that.

"What chu mean oddly shaped?" 

"Hahaha it's shaped like an alien head. I don't know it just looks funny to me." I laughed.

"Ah man, Diggs cut me up and now I look dumb" 

"Niqo I'm just playing! It looks great! Honestly! And now that we are in Florida, it probably feels a lot cooler than your afro!" 

"Trueeee"

We made it to the burger joint and ate. 

After we took the 100 yd walk to the beach. We walked along it and just talked about life. 

"You know, I've always wanted to be a photographer. It's something I really enjoy. Now that we are here, I realized how much I love it." Jacob spoke.

"Well hey! Call me whenever cause I'm your free model I guess!"

We joked around like this until a ball came crashing into my head.

I fell over splashing in the shallow water. 

"Yoo Londyn, you alright?" Jacob asked me.

I nodded, and then noticed that Jacob wasn't alone. There was a girl standing right beside him holding the ball that probably hit me upside the head.

"OMG I'm SOOOO sorry! Are you alright???" she asked.

"Yeah I'm fine! It's just a volleyball and some water. You're good!" I responded.

"Okay good. Hey, what's yalls names? I haven't seen you around here before."

"Oh, I'm Niqo, and this is Londyn." Jacob answered.

"Aye I love the names! I'm Peyton!" She answered.

"I like your name too!" I responded back.

"Thanks! Hey, yall wanna play some volleyball? We have only four people including myself and an extra player on each team would be so great!" Peyton asked.

Jacob and I looked at eachother.

"Sure!" I answered.

We followed Peyton over to the volleyball court in the sand. I saw two guys and one other girl. I guess the teams were guys verses girls.

"Alright, so yall this is Niqo and this is Londyn." Peyton said.

"Hey" we said.

"Alright, Niqo and Londyn, this is Penny, Ryan, and Anthony."

"Heyy!" They said.

"So! Teams are guys verses girls so... Londyn, come join me and Penny! Niqo you go with Ryan and Anthony!" Peyton yelled.

"LES GET IT!!!!" Penny screamed as she served the ball beginning the game.