Ch. 13

It was around 8:00 pm that same day. I was currently in the shower washing the beach sand out of my hair after a long day of hanging out there with Ryan. It was amazing. I really did like him, but in the back of my mind I knew falling too hard for him would only make it harder for me to leave. The worst part is, neither me or Jacob knew when that day would be. We've been undercover for a while, but I feel as if people are secretly watching us.
While I was at the beach today, there was an old white man walking back and forth giving suspicious looks through his sunglasses. I told Jacob, but he insists I'm crazy.
He was in the room laying on the bed watching Adventure Time right now. I could tell he was low key upset that I brought it up. We both loved it here and neither of us wanted to face the reality that we were gonna have t eventually say goodbye. Hopefully.
My biggest fear is that we wouldn't be able to say goodbye to our new friends, or that they would find out that we are in fact on the FBI most wanted list by hearing it on the news.
I cleansed the rest of my body and stood there as the water beads hit my face. I listened to the soothing Jhene Aiko music blasting through my speaker I left on the counter. If only my life was as chill as hers. Leaving behind my job as an FBI agent for criminal life is so,etching I questioned everyday. Was it really worth it? I haven't talked to my family, friends, no one. I knew I couldn't risk it. Cops were probably listening in on all of their calls trying to see if I would contact them. Jacob told me all the risks that we had to avoid to stay hidden, but I never thought I would lose my name. Londyn. I felt my face curl at the name.
I understood the reason behind it, but I miss being Kenya all the time.
I sighed and turned off the water when I heard some noise coming from outside the door where Jacob was watching T.V. I wrapped my towel around me and turned off my speaker so I could listen. I heard what sounded like muffled voices.
Must be the guys. I didn't hear any female voices, so Jacob must have invited them over. I started to get dressed into my leggings and large shirt. I put my hair up into a bun and walked out of the bathroom.
There were three large guys holding an upset Jacob to the ground.
"Kenya Johnson?" The bald man spoke.
"Yes?" I answered.
"You are under arrest for hacking government files and false identification. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you........."
I zoned out completely. My worst nightmare was coming true.
The bald guy that was speaking took out handcuffs and pulled my arms behind my back as a tear rolled down my cheek. I looked at Jacob who was still being held to the ground. His face was pressed up against the floor and all I could see was his bush of hair. Eventually, the man was done putting my handcuffs on and I was able to slip on my flip flops before being pressed down on the floor right next to Jacob. I layed my head down on the ground to take this all in. I was gonna be in jail... For who knows how long.
I heard a soft cry from Jacob, but didn't dare to look his way. Seeing him cry would only make this worse for me.
Next thing I knew, a whole bunch of armed men came into our apartment bedroom surrounding us and eventually leading us outside to separate police cars. Before stepping into my car, I took one last look at my best friend Jacob. I had no idea when the next time I would see him would be... I couldn't even say goodbye. He looked up at me with red eyes and smiled so softly. I did the same right before I was shoved into the car by the bald man.