Ch. 27: Heading out

(When you finish reading, just make sure to read the A/N at the end of the chapter and comment your reply. It'll be really helpful, thank you~♡)

I storm down the hall, my stride increasing with each step. "Screw this and fuck that asshole. I'm done."

"Done with what?" I stop in place and turn around to see Katsuki had just come out of his room, in his pajamas and with tired eyes. I take a moment to look him up and down, then make eye contact.

"... I'm... just going out. Later." I ignore his question completely and turn around heading for the exit. I only get a few steps in before I feel a strong yet gentle grip on my arm, spinning me around. I angrily look down, refusing to meet his eyes, I just want to leave, why cant he fuck off?

"First of fucking all, dont ignore me, I asked you something, damn it. Next, what the hell is up with you? What's got you so pissed?" His hand slowly reaches my chin and lifts my face to meet his gaze, my expression remaining the same cold glare. "Its just..." For a moment I wavered. Could he actually care about me? Does he give a damn about how I feel?...Or is he just putting on a front to not look bad in front of me? Like someone else I know... "Nothing. It doesn't concern you, I'm fine. I'm going out," I pull my arm from his grip lightly. "Goodbye Katsuki." I just left him standing there, speechless and slightly hurt by my words though he'd never admit it.

It would be awhile before he realized what that 'God bye' meant. Although, when he would finally realize... it would be too late.

~~~

I trudge though the night, I had to sneak out of the gate. Thankfully, the guard was using the bathroom when I got there, so any excuse I prepared was for nothing. I sniffled and rubbed, drying my damp eyes. How can he be the number one damn hero if he doesn't know how to take care of his own fucking daughter? I come across an empty can and kick it as hard as I can, splashing a bit of soda on myself. Well, I guess it wasn't empty then. "UGH!! CAN THIS NIGHT GET ANY WORSE!?" My eyes start burning once more and I wipe them quickly. I hate crying in public. I feel as if everyone is staring at me, no matter how empty the area is, I feel suffocated. People coming to console me only makes it worse. The only people who could actually successfully cheer me up would be Dad and... Katsuki.

I sigh and rub my temples, I was starting to get a migraine from all this crying.

"Anything I can do to make you feel better?" I quickly turn and jump back, it was too late at night for anyone I know to be out. Immediately I recognize the familiar face and sigh. "Damn it, why'd you have to scare me like that?" I chuckle and rub my face.

"How could I not say 'hi' to my only friend?" A small smile peeks at me from Dabi and I look down at me feet, a smile of my own beginning to show. "See, my presence just creates smiles." I roll my eyes, and begin walking again, him coming to my side and keeping pace. "Is there a reason why you are out this late Ms.Hero, or do old habits die hard?" Dabi leans forward smiling and peeking at my face only to be met with a weary smile. "Yeah." I stare ahead of me, lost in thought, thinking of nothing. Dabi raises an eyebrow an stops grabbing hold of my wrist, making me stop with him.

"Y/n, you don't get like this unless it's something with your dad. What happened?" When we were in middle school I would leave home a lot, most of times I'd end up swinging on some random bitch with an attitude sorry enough to cross my path. In the end he would always find me and make me feel a little less alone in this world. "He's just the same as always, doesn't know what to say, only with me, and always pointing the finger. He treats some other random kids fucking amazing, but when it comes to me he is just plain lost. Like, he raised me, how does he not understand me yet?"

Dabi shakes his head and stays quiet for a moment, finally he speaks up. "Maybe... that just isn't the place for you... Maybe you should get away from him, away from it all, just for awhile. Come with me, meet the others at our hide out. You don't have to stay forever, just for awhile and if you don't like it you can leave and never think about that place again. I promise I'll let you leave if you want to, just say the word and you are free to go." I look him in the eyes, they're filled with worry, worried of me saying no, of losing me again. "I... I don't know, it all so... sudden." I dont want to reject him like this but I'm not sure, this could change everything, I don't want to go just because of a small arguement. My gaze falls to my feet, leaving me looking as terrible as I felt.

"Y/n." Dabi's voice was suddenly very solemn, calling for my attention. "This is my last chance. I told the others I wanted to bring you, but they gave me a deadline saying it would be a 'lost cause' if you wouldn't come. If you can't come today then... this is it."

Dabi scratches his head, eyes wandering. Suddenly, he stiffens and squints, focusing on the path we were just walking on. "Shit, they fucking followed you here!" He quickly pulls out his phone and clicked a button, grabbing my hand and running with a now stoic look on his face. "W-wha, wait?!" Then, as if on cue, Katsuki, Izuku, Mina, Uraraka, and Kirishima come rushing towards us, still a bit of a way back.

"Y/N!!" They all frantically screamed for me as I continued to run with Dabi, I was not going to hold him back and get him caught. I look ahead of us only to see a man with some kind of metal head wearing a vest and tie standing there waiting.

"This is it Y/n," Dabi tells back at me as we still run. "He is my way back to the hideout, if you decided to stay then you wont be seeing me anymore unless we fight, so, will you come with me?"

I look back at my classmates and Katsuki behind me, still all yelling. Sadly, the main person who fucked up isn't anywhere in sight. The one who put me in this situation isn't here, probably in an office working or home sleep. Anywhere. Not worried about me. I frown and turn back around, speeding up, now beginning to pull Dabi. "Y/n?" I look back at him and smile softly. "Don't want to miss our ride right?" Dabi's eyes widen for a moment but he quickly matches pace with me and we reach the man who begins opening a vortex.

"Y/N, WAIT!" Over the screams of everyone else I hear Katsuki causing me to look back and see him. He looked like a mad man, he was flying though the air, face covered in worry and desperation and it broke my heart.

I can't do this to him.

I let go of Dabi's hand and extended it towards them, but it was too late. I was enveloped in darkness and just as soon as I left, I was in a new environment, surrounded by strangers with Dabi by my side.

A man who I had only met once before stepped forward with a hand on his face. He slowly removed the hand to show a dried, cracked, and scarred face bearing a bone-chilling grin. "Welcome to the League of Villains Y/n, we are glad you are here." He voice was completely sickening and filled with some kind of boyish glee, what have I gotten into... I only respond with a silent nod making sure to step a bit closer to Dabi.

I'm starting to think this was more of a bad idea than I initially thought...

A/N
Okay! So this is the end, I dont know if I should make this into a second book or just continue it on here... I always noticed when people decided to make a second book it never gets as many reads as the first, so I don't know if I should just say this is the end of Part 1 or make a second book.👉👉👉 GIVE ME FEEDBACK, I LOVE WHEN YOU DO!👈👈👈 I only put that in caps cuz yall dont really read the author notes😅 anyway LET ME KNOW, SHOULD THERE BE A BOOK 2 OR JUST CONTINUE HERE? Thank you for reading this far, there will be awhile before I update again bc I'll be working on other things and making chapters in advance for my next update! Stay safe out there with the corona virus, bye bye!