Ch.37: Crisis Diverted

Dad simply looks at the 3 of them, his eyes lingering on Izuku before he shakes his head. "Today, I came to visit my daughter in the hospital to find THREE boys in her room. Care to explain?" Dad sits in a chair and stares them down. "Dad-" 

"Be quiet Y/n, I will speak to you when I'm done." I nearly choked on my words as I put my head down in silence. We are so screwed.

"We only watched a movie last night sir, I know that was highly inappropriate. That is why I came to supervise." Iida was the first to speak up, trying to diffuse the situation. "Then young man let me ask you something. How old are you?" Dad says leaning forward resting his elbows on his knees and his hands on his chin.

"I am 15 sir." Iida says confidently. "And what makes you any different than a teenage boy in my daughter room at night?" Dad says, squinting his eyes. "I-... nothing sir..." Iida puts his head down being defeated just as quickly as he put up a fight. Dad only nods his head, not saying a word. I look over at Izuku and notice him sweating bullets. Katsuki beside him looking as if he just might shit himself.

"We were wrong, I'm sorry sir." Katsuki spoke up, having all eyes on him. "Mmm." Was all dad said as he began to steam, causing Izuku's soul to leave his body.
"Leave." Was all he said and they all stumbled to their feet and left as quick as they could. Now I was left alone with dad who filled the room with tension so thick you could cut it.

"So, you go on your little escapade with that boy from middle school. Then next thing I know, you are inviting boys into your room..." We both sat there in silence before I realized he was waiting for me to speak. "I-I didn't mean anything by it dad, we really only watched a movie. I thought it would be fine since-."
"You thought!?" Dad shouts, standing to his feet. "Thought what, Y/n? It has never been acceptable for a young lady, your age to have a boy in your room. Especially at night!" Dad sighs and begins pacing. "Did I just fail as a parent?" He says with another sigh. I crawl to the edge of my bed and struggle to my feet.

I wobble over towards him and give him a hug. "No, you are an amazing dad... I just... don't think about everything sometimes. I'm sorry." I nuzzle my face into his back. He turns around wrapping his long arms around me engulfing me in his warmth. "Yeah, you really don't think sometimes." He says making us both chuckle. "C'mon, get back in the bed. You still aren't well enough to walk yet."

Dad helps me lay back and he props up my pillow so that I'm more comfortable. "I won't punish you now, just thinking of the punishment that the teachers have lined up for you makes me feel exhausted, good luck with those by the way." Dad slumps over a bit and rubs his forehead. "Is it that bad?" I say, letting my imagination get the best of me. "How does scrubbing the entire dorm roof sound to you? And that's only one of the punishments they have planned for you." I could only sigh as a reply, as if classes weren't hard enough. "Just be happy you didn't get expelled. There was a serious debate about it but being that you have information to give and gotten so seriously injured from the incident, they decided you have been through enough." I nod silently.

Even though dad says that the other teachers were the ones to decide, it's obvious he played a big role in me staying in school. If it weren't for him being my dad, I'm sure they would've kicked me to the curb. They have every right to do so with how I acted. I put myself, and other students in danger multiple times, if it weren't for them, who knows, I might be dead from that nomu or still trapped at the league.

My mind flashes back the the time of the incident. Just recalling the amount of raw power behind each of that monsters hits sends shivers down my spine. There were so many times where if the angle were different or if I moved wrong I could have been crippled for good or become brain dead.

"Hey... dad?" I say, my voice coming out as a whisper. Dad turns to me and looks me in the eyes so I know he's listening. "What... what if I'm  not cut out to be a hero. I keep making so many mistakes and I-." A lump forms in my throat making my voice crack and I go silent. I look down at my lap, sniffling and holding back my tears. Dad pats my head softly brushing my hair back and lifting my chin to look him back in the eyes. "You are correct, you have made a lot of mistakes, and I'd never advise anyone who I truly care for, to be a hero. This is a very dangerous Job where if you make a wrong move, your life or another's could be easily lost." Dad pauses, taking a moment to collect his thoughts. "You are strong, that I can say for sure." Dad stated. " Your short coming is the fact that you are near sighted, you cant think of what's ahead and only focus on the now."

" Think of the many times you only cared for what you wanted to do and not for what would happen after... That is something that can get you hurt, like now." His hand brushes over my cast, him closing his eyes as if it physically hurts him. "You can learn from your past mistakes, learn and correct yourself. You may not be able to change the past but you must improve from it. Do you have faith enough in yourself to be able to do that?" 

I sniff and wipe my tears with my arm. "Of course." I reply matter of factly bringing a soft smile to dads lips. "The I believe that you have what it takes to become a pro hero. Continue to improve, get better, make better decisions, and you will be able to achieve what you wish to." He pulls me in for a hug, patting my head as I snuggle into his chest. 

"... Dad?" I peer up at him from his chest.

"Yes?"

" You're pretty boney, I think you should eat more...?" I say as I poke his ribs making him chuckle as he shakes his head. "You are so silly." He says as he continues to chuckle silently.

A/n

this chapter was meh but I'm slowly trying to get it to where it focuses on the twos relationship (bakahoe & Yn) so I gotta get the daddy issues out of the way first XD. Next chapter he will be back. Also. I wrote this chap kinda quick so if I come back to edit it, don't blame me lol.