Ch. 29: A Long Night Out

Dabi and I walk into the bar and Shigaraki is still sitting in his seat, now sipping on a drink. "Hey, I'm taking her out." Dabi states plainly, his face now masked with his typical poker face. Shigaraki pauses for a moment and looks at us then nods. As if on cue Kurogiri opens a warp gate and Dabi leads me through now to be in an Alley in Hosu City.

"It's not safe to just walk around, lets get on the roof tops." I say pointing to the masses of people out this night. "Yeah." I use my quirk to increase the strength in my legs just enough to get onto the building and Dabi just uses his fire to fly up. "What are we even going to do out here?"

"I told Shigaraki that I was taking you out to 'scout' the area, but.." Dabi drags out the word and turns toward me with a small smirk on his face. "I actually wanted to spend  some time with you, so... its a win win situation." Dabi shrugs with a smirk.

As rare as his small smiles are, anytime I see him somewhat happy just bring a smile to my face. I slide over to his side and bump him lightly smiling even wider. "Awe, were you thinking of me? Thanks Dabi, if you weren't here I'd be all alone." Dabi scoffs slightly and rolls his eyes. "You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me." 

"Exactly, so take responsibility and take care of me!" I point my finger at him playfully and we both walk on chuckling. "Okay," I take a deep breath and turn towards Dabi again. "Time to get exploring!"

*********

Dabi and I spent the next half hour just walking around on the roof's and looking at the beautiful city lights just sparkle. There were a bunch of shops I would've loved to go to but because I was technically a missing child I couldn't get caught on cameras. Otherwise, the cops and even Dad would rush over to find me. 

Especially Dad.

"So, where to next on our little starry night retreat?" Dabi asks looking down at me. I only shrug, "I don't know, maybe over th-" Before I could finish my sentence there was an enormous explosion behind us.

"HOLY SHIT!" The explosion was so strong that it caused me to lose my balance, making Dabi save me from a hard fall. "I got u." His arms felt so strong pulling me in to hold on better, I could feel myself blushing. Dabi may be my childhood friend but he's still a guy. A pretty hot one at that, pun intended.

The moment the shaking calmed I stood, brushing my hair out of the way and turning towards the chaos. Gotta stay focused on the bigger problem than blushing at feeling abs! "The hell was that!? A building just blew the fuck up!" I shout noticing a building in the distance in flames. "What the- this wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen for at least a week!" 

I turn towards Dabi completely shocked. "This is you guys!?" Dabi looks down at me and smirks. "We are the League of Villains." He spoke with such smug confidence, amused. a countless amount of people in that building and on the streets are now in danger, possibly dying! But he's enjoying this!? 

I take a step away from Dabi in horror, this isn't what I wanted. I just wanted to get away from my dad, run away from home. Not become part of a MASS GENOCIDE! My eyes well up in fear, finally realizing my situation.

Suddenly, Dabi takes my hand and begins leading me. "Lets go, this about to go down and you don't want to be here when the Nomu's finally get out." He says completely unaware of my horror. 

What the hell are Nomu's!?

Dabi pulls me along and we finally get a good  enough distance away from the fire although there were still screaming people running through the streets. "Let's take a break here, I don't want you to overuse your powers, we both know what happens when you over exert." I only silently nod my head trying to block out the screams of the people below us.

"DONT LET HIM CUT YOU!" "SMASHHHHH!!!" Suddenly, I hear the some fimiliar screams. "Midoriya? Iida?" I run to the edge of the building that I'm on and look over the edge only to see Midoriya in a heated fight with some masked villain and Iida laying on the ground. "I've gotta help them!"

Before I could even take a step forward I was grabbed by my arm and pulled back. "Wait, this is their fight, you're with us now, you don't work with them anymore." I snatch my arm from Dabi's grip and scowl at him. "I can't believe you could say something like that! They are my friends just like you are! If they die with me right here able to help I'll never forgive myself! Dabi you... you really have changed..." 

Growing up, Dabi was sweet, even though we were little rebels, he never hurt anyone. He was even the type to help old ladies cross the street at one point. Even when he got angry that one time and hurt someone, it was only to protect me... But something happened during the time we were apart, he... is no longer the boy I grew up with. He's just cold and can even take enjoyment from others pain. 

All this from just running away from his father?

"Wait, he seems like he is handling this just fine. You interfering will only add to the danger and distract him. Wait until things start going south, then you should go." I stare at Dabi for a moment, he face was only full of concern. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair beginning to pace. "Fine, the moment things look bad I'm jumping in, you can't stop me." Dabi nods and we both move to the edge of the building to get a better look. 

I rest my hand on Dabi's shoulder, drawing his attention, and make us both transparent with my quirk. With us both invisible I couldn't see him but I could still feel his gaze staring in my direction. This is going to be a long night...

**********

Back at the Villain hideout Shigaraki is sitting at the bar grinning. "Him releasing the Nomu's now couldn't have been a better time. Maybe they'll take care of our little UA reject for me." Just thinking about what could happen to Y/n brought such joy to Shigaraki as he began to giggle like a mad man.

"Yes, I hope they make sure she never returns."

A/n

I don't really like how I wrote Shigaraki's last lines but its okay, he's not that important rn lol anywayyyy, I've written the next chapter in advance so the next time im writing another chapter and realize its been a bit since ive updated itll be up, it wont be longer than two weeks in between tho bc sometimes i forget. 😅

**Edit that I made just before updating**

OKAY, it is hella hard to wait in between updates bc i find myself counting the days and i love seeing the comments so much that I want to immediately update for one random person going "I really like this!" Or not knowing how im going to ruin their good mood in the next chapter lmfao. Let me just say, prepare your feelings cuz ur heart just may drop, I ended up getting myself worked up with my own active imagination XD