Chapter Three

Walking into work, Hondo sees that Luca and Street are waiting for him.

'Before we talk about what Niamh did yesterday, I've just seen her at Nichelle's community centre. She had a massive PTSD episode.' Hondo informs them.

'Is she okay?' Luca asks.

'I'm not sure.' Hondo shakes his head. 'I left so that Nichelle could help her.' He adds. 'Anyway, did Niamh do anything interesting yesterday?'

'She went to the Women's Correctional centre.' Luca replies.

'Why?' Hondo queries.

'To visit my mom.' Street responds.

'Your mom?' Hondo raises an eyebrow. 'Why was she visiting your mom?'

'Your guess is as good as mine.' Street sighs. 'Wait.'

'What is it?' Luca questions.

'My mom would always tell me about how I have a little sister. Mom gave her up for adoption when she was born because of how hostile and violent my father was. That was just before my mom killed my dad so she'd be what, 17 now?' Street exclaims.

'Niamh is your sister.' Luca catches on.

'Yep.' Street sighs.

'What are you going to do?' Luca asks.

'I'm not sure.' Street shakes her head. Hondo gets Niamh's file from the desk and looks through it until he pulls out a birth certificate. He looks at it and hands it to Steet. Street looks at the signatures. 'Those are my mom and dad's signatures.' Street nods.

'Do you think Meyers knows?' Luca queries.

'Let's go and find out.' Hondo says.

Five minutes later, Hondo and Luca are walking into the interrogation room as Jim watches in the observation room.

'When can I go?' William asks them. 'I've answered all your questions.'

'We're still waiting for someone to confirm your alibi.' Hondo tells him. 'Were you aware that Niamh has an older brother?'

'Yeah.' William nods. 'Of course I do. He works here. Jim Street.' He adds. 'We tell each other everything. Plus, I was the one that helped her track down her birth mom.'

'Why?' Luca interrogates.

'She asked me to.' William shrugs. 'She has a right to know who her real family is. She's been through a lot of shit. She didn't deserve what happened to her. No-one deserves to go through what she went through.'

'What happened during her last foster placement? Hondo questions.

'It's not my place to say.' William shakes her head. 'It's not relevant to your case so you don't need to know.' There's a knock at the door and Chris walks in. Hondo and Luca look at her.

'Hondo, alibi checks out.' Chris informs her boss. 'He's not our guy.' She shakes her head before leaving. Hondo and Luca look back at William.

'I told you.' He says. 'Am I free to go?'

'Yeah.' Hondo sighs and nods. 'Erm, you might want to check in on Niamh. I saw her at the community centre this morning. She had a massive PTSD episode.'

'Thanks for letting me know.' William nods appreciatively. Luca shows him out at Hondo walks into the observation room where Street is still stood.

'Do you want to meet Niamh? Formally?' Hondo asks him.

'We're not going to tell her she's a suspect when she's not.' Jim shakes his head. 'She's not a suspect, right?'

'No.' Hondo assures him.