🍰【n i n e t e e n】🍰

The doctor told Jaemin to go get himself and Jeno some food

"MCDONALDS!!" Jeno had excitedly yelled as he threw his one arm in the air.

Jaemin walked out into the dark hospital parking lot, making his way to the car as he recalled what he was going to order from McDonald's.

McNuggets for Jeno and I, with a strawberry shake for my little baby Jen Jen, and- what the fuck..?

Jaemin's thoughts were cut off as he saw a man in a suit approaching him. Jaemin put his head down and turned to the left as if his car was in that direction but the man followed him. Jaemin whipped around to face the man.

"Hey creepo, I'm not in the mood for stalkers right now. My lovely needs his McNuggets so please leave me be."

The man sighed.

"Na Jaemin, right?" Jaemin froze. "I'm here because I heard you're having some troubles with your money." Jasmin's eyes widened. "My name is Mark Lee-"

"Hang on give me a moment I need to call the McDonalds and tell them to hold my order." Jaemin said taking out his phone.

Thank god you can text 911..

"Okay, where were we? Oh yeah, my money." Jaemin sighed. "So my money is my money and if I am struggling I will contact my bank for help, not some scary guy who stopped me in the hospital parking lot." Jaemin looked behind Mark at the police car that had stopped and watched the three men file out. "Oh, I think they might want some financial help though." He said as he pointed at the cops. Mark turned and his face flushed.

"Shit-" he breathed. But before he could run they already had him in handcuffs. Two of the cops escorted a struggling Mark Lee to the car while the other looked at Jaemin. He sighed.

"My names Johnny Seo, I'm from the police department. I've been told to take you safely to the nearest McDonalds and let me tell you it's the strangest order I've had in years." Jaemin laughed.

"Well, Jeno is pretty serious about his McNuggets.."

🍰

Jaemin was seated beside Jeno's bed, handing the older fries and chicken nuggets whenever he would ask for them. He watched Jeno's face paint over with satisfaction every time he would eat one and the small noises coming from the older just made Jaemin uwu harder.

When Jeno was done he looked at Jaemin in confusion.

"What about your chicken nuggets?" He asked innocently as he took a bite out of one of his chicken nuggets. Jaemin sighed. He was going to get some for himself but he didn't have the money..

It's not like he was hungry anyway...

"Oh, I guess I must've forgotten." Jaemin replied. He suddenly remembered what else he forgot and he handed Jeno the strawberry shake he had gotten. The older gasped and quickly began to drink the cold beverage.

"Hey, slow your roll, I don't want you to choke or worse get a brain freeze." Jeno furrowed his brow and nodded before he finished the rest of the chicken nugget in his hand. He made grabby hands towards Jaemin, asking the younger for another. Jaemin complied and handed him a chicken nugget. The older waved for him to lean towards the bed and he did. He then shoved the chicken nugget into Jaemin's mouth. The younger's eyes widened in surprise and Jeno giggled happily.

"There! You can have the rest of my fries too!" He said before he sat back in the hospital bed. He watched happily as Jaemin began to hesitantly eat the fries, eventually shoveling them in his mouth as he realized just how hungry he was.

"How long will it take Nana.." Jeno asked out of the blue. Jaemin tilted his head and swallowed the mouthful of food.

"How long will what take baby?" Jeno looked at Jaemin with longing.

"How long will it take to fix me?"

Jaemin felt his heart break a little in his chest at the boy's words, his tone sounding distant and lost. He drew in a shaky breath and nodded slowly.

He didn't know.

How long would it take?

They say time heals all wounds, and he knew for certain time would heal the boy's shoulder, but what about the other damage?

Was there really enough time to get the old Jeno back?

"We just have to give it a bit of time, okay baby? And I'll make sure that your healing time is the most fun time ever!" He said and Jeno laughed a little.

But one thought stayed with Jaemin:

I hope I'm right...

← t b c →