🍰【f i f t e e n】🍰

Haechan looked at the man before him

Haechan looked at the man before him. He had to stop his legs from shaking in the presence of the boy before him.

Mark Lee.

His abusive ex-boyfriend who had been driven mad by the offer of money and riches. He was a wealthy man now who owned a business but he loved to abuse his power. He had Renjun in his debt and Haechan had agreed to help with this mission since they needed another man to complete it.

"Your job is simple. You wait for the kid and beat him when he arrives. Do whatever it takes to traumatize him. Kill his parents, beat him, anything. Just don't kill him." Mark commanded. Renjun nodded courtly, trying to look strong-

But Haechan could tell he was scared.

Everything had gone just as Mark wanted.

Haechan had helped Renjun drag the boy down the alley.

Haechan had watched in horror as his boyfriend killed the boys father.

Haechan had watched as Renjun placed the gun in Jeno's hand and told him to kill his mother.

And his hands shook as he took his phone from his pocket and dialed the number.

911.

He watched as his boyfriend dropped the boy and waved for him and the others to run.

And he looked back at Jeno as he ran, praying that someone would find him in time.

"Haechan, how could you keep this from me?" Jaemin asked after Haechan explained what happened that night. Haechan shook his head with tears in his eyes.

"Jaemin, I had to! If I had told you sooner then Renjun would be pissed! He would leave me and be all alone, I'm all he has left I'm the only one stopping him from going to Mark and never returning!" Haechan said, trying his best to keep his voice steady.

Jaemin was silent, but no words were necessary as his anger was evident. His breathing had grown heavy as he stood with his hands clenched into fists, staring at Haechan.

"Get out." Haechan stood up slowly.

"Jaemin please we need to-"

"I said GET OUT!! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE!!" Haechan shook his head slowly before storming out of the house. Jaemin walked to the door and locked it behind Haechan before going upstairs to Jeno's room.

The older was on the floor of his room, playing with his stuffed animals when Jaemin came upstairs. He didn't disturb Jeno, rather he watched from the doorway.

"Aw Bongsik, why are you angry?" Jeno said to the stuffed cat before holding it to his ear as if it was telling him something. Jeno let out a gasp.

"You're jealous that I slept with Doyoung and let Jaemin put you in the washing machine?" Jeno asked and he made the cat nod its head a couple of times. He looked down at the bunny plush and crossed his arms.

"Doyoung, did you tease Bongsik for needing to be washed?" Jeno asked the bunny. He sighed and picked up the stuffed cat before hugging it.

"It's okay Bongsik. I still love you a lot." Jeno muttered. He stood up and pet the cat's head.

"Jeno," Jaemin said gently, worried he might scare the older if he didn't make his presence known. Jeno turned to him and smiled a bit. "Do you want to take a nap for a little bit?" Jeno looked at his window where light from the warm afternoon sun was still filtering in. He was confused as to why Jaemin wanted to go to sleep so early. Still, he nodded.

"Sure Jaemin." He said. Jaemin smiled warmly and began to walk away to his own room. Jeno followed, still clutching his stuffed cat.

When they were both laying down, neither could sleep. Jaemin had shut and locked his bedroom door and had moved the metal bat that was normally under his bed to be under his stack of pillows. He held Jeno tightly to his chest and pet the olders hair while the said boy laid with his eyes closed in Jaemin's arms.

"Jaemin, is there something wrong?" Jaemin pet Jeno's hair more and shook his head.

"There's nothing wrong Jeno... Nothing wrong."

He was terrified.

Paranoid that at any moment someone could come and take Jeno from him.

Take his sunshine from him.

He never wanted that.

← t b c →