🍰【t h i r t y s i x】🍰

Listen to EXO's Sing For You or That's Okay by D.O. for the full experience :')

"So now what?" Jeno asked Chenle who was sat beside him on the waiting room couch

"So now what?" Jeno asked Chenle who was sat beside him on the waiting room couch. It had been two days since they had gone to the hospital the first time and they were back again for Jeno to retake the test just as the doctor had requested. Chenle held Jeno's hand softly as they waited for the final results to come in. Jeno watched the kids playing with some of the toys in the waiting room and smiled fondly.

"Now we wait Jen.." Chenle answered after a moment. Jeno nodded and continued to watch the kids play. They were all getting along well, sharing the toys and giggling happily. Jeno bounced his foot and held Chenle's hand tighter as he watched and when Chenle looked over at him, he knew why.

Jeno wanted to go play with them.

"Jeno, we can go out for ice cream after this, and then we can go home and play with your dinosaurs. How does that sound?" Chenle asked softly, not wanting to earn weird looks if anyone else heard. Jeno nodded sharply and looked away from the kids.

After about 45 minutes of waiting, a doctor entered the room.

"Lee Jeno?" Both Jeno and Chenle stood up, Jeno excitedly pulling Chenle with him to the doctor who was holding an envelope.

"So?" Jeno asked expectantly, his voice small. The doctor smiled.

"Congratulations."

🍰

"Jeno, come on. At least eat something if you don't wanna play." Chenle begged with Jeno. The older had been on the couch rereading the contents of the envelope since they got home two hours ago.

Chenle sat down beside him with a sigh and rubbed the boy's back. He had been hunched over rereading that paper forever and it made Chenle realize how crazy this all must be to Jeno. He hadn't been thinking of it the way Jeno was seeing it, he had been thinking of it as just another kid to spoil. But this was obviously going to be way more to Jeno.

This was going to be his child. His son or daughter who was going to grow up with them and be a new part of their world.

"Jeno, look at me. I wanna tell you something and I want you to hear me out." Jeno shook his head at Chenle's words. The younger sighed. "Alright then at least listen to me. This child is going to be so lucky. They're going to have the best fathers, the best uncles, they're going to be the cutest most precious thing, and we're all going to be by your side throughout all of it, okay?" Chenle stopped and sighed, not knowing if Jeno even heard him.

Until he heard the older sniffle.

Jeno looked up, tears streaming down his face at Chenle.

"I-I want Jaemin."

🍰

"Alright, we'll have that right out to yah," Jaemin said with a smile as he handed the young girl her change and receipt. She bowed and walked to sit down at one of the tables while Jaemin went to his co-worker to tell him the order.