Chapter Twenty-Six: Bailey Part I

Bailey

I pretty much played lazy Saturday with Harp and Em after our heart to heart, we did nothing but lay around watch mindless TV and eat junk food. And by ‘junk food’ I mean I scarfed down a chocolate peanut butter cup and before I could reach for the second one Harper was shoving a bag of carrots in my face. Giving me a look that said one was enough, needless to say I wanted to punch her in the boob for taking away my last peanut butter cup.

I had been texting J throughout the day just a bunch of nonsense, he had sent me a couple pictures he had sniped of Paiger and Stacers when they weren’t looking during the team luncheon. Gotta say Wiley looked pretty dreamy with pasta hanging halfway out of his mouth, total babe magnet. Seeing him having fun with his friends made me wonder how his relationship with his best friend was going, J hasn’t mentioned Dom at all since the night Dom let the cat out of the bag.  I had hoped that since J and I were fine that they could reconcile their friendship, but deep down I knew that I was undoubtedly the reason behind that tight friendship unraveling.

Sighing I tossed my phone to the opposite end of the couch, J was taking his pre-game nap and I really needed to start getting ready to take on both J’s mom and the guys rival team; the Chicago Chiefs. God, I hated that team with a fiery passion. One of the Chiefs forwards Biddler, he's one mean son of a bitch. He’s the biggest goon in today’s game; Biddler is constantly going after Paiger whenever the two are on the ice, taking cheap shots and hits that of course go unseen because the referees are a bunch of nimrods.

“Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” Harper asked leaning over the back of the couch, her dark violet hair falling into her eyes. She pushed the wild strands back behind her ear twisting her mouth in a frown. “We both know that it’s going to take you close to two hours to get ready, when you normally take fifteen minutes to throw on your jersey and put your hair in a topknot.”

Clasping my hands together I covered my face letting out another sigh, this one a little more dramatic but it still held the ‘wtf’ value I was going for. “I’m worried about his mom cornering me again asking questions that I don’t even know the answer too. I’m freaking out that I’m probably going to act like a complete spazz like I normally do at games. Except it’ll be worse because I will be in front of his family and we know how I’m so proper and shit at hockey games.” I groaned in frustration kicking my feet in full tantrum mode.

“In a nutshell,” Harp chuckled giving my head a small pat.

“In a nutshell.” I repeated peeking through my fingers to glare at her, while she cocked a dark eyebrow up at me giving me one of the many ‘looks’ she has reserved for me when I get in this mood. “Alright, alright.” I grumbled swinging my legs off the side of the couch sitting up in the process.

“That’s my Bails,” she laughed wrapping an arm around my shoulders giving me a quick squeeze followed by a good shove that had enough force behind it to send me stumbling to my feet. I sent her a dark look over my shoulder that she returned by waggling her fingers at me.

“You should wear his jersey.” She hinted to my retreating back as I slipped into my room giving her the one digit salute, she just laughed. God, I love my friends.

Giving my door a hip-check I continued sulking to my closet where I had three jerseys’ to choose from; The Boyfriend, the Great One, or the Captain. Without a second thought I grabbed J’s jersey from its hanger and took my time getting ready just as Harper had anticipated. This would be like my second impression and it had to count more than the first which was horrific. It’s not every day that a girl gets to try and impress her NHL boyfriend’s family while trying to not sound like a sailor during the game. Challenge totally accepted I will make J proud; I will not screw this up. Maybe if I looked all cute and girly it would confuse them when I cussed out the crappy plays or penalties?