Chapter Twenty-Nine: Dill

So, I kind of switched things up. I recieved several comments saying that this chapter was a little choppy and hard to reader because I jumped from POV to POV, keeping that in mind I just switched it to where Bailey's POV is first following Dill's two POVs second and last...hopefully this will make more sense than how I had it set up before. Thank You Brooke!

Little bit of a wait this time, sorry Dears. Halfway through this chapter gave me quite the fit and you all know me, I want to give you the best piece I can produce. Once again thank you all so much for all of your wonderful support, it truly means the world to me. Please be gentle to Dill and to Bailey.

Brooke

PS

Listen to the SONG! 

Bailey

“Where are you going?" Emma's voice drew me up short, my fingers grazing the way to my escape.

Drawing my shoulders back I stared straight ahead. "Out, for a quick run." came my defiant answer my fingers twisting my hair behind my ear and then firmly settling back onto the doorknob.

She snorted at my stubbornness. “You’ve been running a lot these last two weeks, what’s up with that?”

I sent her a droll look over my shoulder, the doorknob burning in the palm of my hand. “You and Harp have tried forever to get me to start running and now when I do you’re judging me?”

Emma set down the remote control relaxing back into the couch, she shrugged one shoulder. “You’ve never been one for running and we just don’t want you to overdo it, that’s all.”

I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I’d been holding, my shoulders sagged just a smidge. “I’m fine Em, really, lately I’ve just had too much energy and I need to burn it off. I’m good, great even.” I lied forcing a smile that didn’t reach my eyes.

 Em’s dark brown eyes narrowed, I’ve never been able to lie to her but maybe just this once she’ll let it go. Turning back to the door I managed to crack it open seconds away from slipping out into the night to go for a ‘run’. 

"You're going to his apartment . . . aren’t you?" her voice was low and I wanted so badly to pretend that I hadn’t heard her and just force myself to leave, but I was stuck a tight band encircling my chest. I shifted from left to right my shoulders drawing back even tighter. "We know where you've been going the last couple nights Bails, you can't fool us. This will be the fifth time in the two weeks that J has been gone that you've snuck over to his apartment doing God only knows what."

I hitched my tote higher on my shoulder still refusing to turn and face her. "I don’t know what you’re talking about Em; I’m really going on a run.”

“Cut the crap, Bailey.” She snapped. “Ever since the fight that you guys had you’ve been—”

“I’ve been what?” I shouted spinning around my tote falling from my shoulder, any thought of escaping without conflict long gone. “What have I been doing Emma?”

 Emma lurched from the couch, her fingers digging into the cushions at the last second to keep herself from standing up. “Nothing! You aren’t doing anything!”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s not true and you know it. I’ve been keeping myself busy for the last two weeks, doing everything within my power to not fall apart. I’m ahead in all of my classes; I started on my final paper for my journalism class that isn’t due for another month. I’ve been teaching more classes at the studio and I’ve managed to squeeze in another jazz class or two . . . What more do you want from me?”