Chapter Seven: Bailey

Most of this story will be in Bailey's POV, just because I can see her story more clearly than I can Dill's, but that doesn't mean that he won't have some surprise chapters. Though they will most likely be a little on the short side. 

You know that feeling you get when you feel like you’re being watched? Well times that by two and that’s pretty much how I woke up this morning. My roomies Harper and Emma were currently standing over me watching me while I slept, not creepy at all.

I groaned rubbing the sleep from my eyes. “What time is it?”

“Do you realize that thirty minutes does not under any circumstances equal sixty minutes?” Harper explained a little dramatic but that was Harper, the Fine Arts Major with a minor in theater. Yay jazz hands.

“It’s seven in the morning Bails,” Emma added trying to stifle a laugh; she was always the more stable out of the two.

I let out another groan, wrapping my arms around my head. “Guys, it’s freaking Sunday morning. We don’t have to be at church until 10:45am, so what the hell?”

“Oh, so you do understand the meaning of time.” Harp huffed shaking her head as she plopped herself down on the edge of my bed.

“Em, care to explain what Ms. Dramatic is freaking out over?” I peeked through my arms sticking my tongue out at Harper, she absolutely loved the nickname Emma and I gave her.

“Well, for starters you didn’t come home when you said you would.” She said sitting down on the other side of the twin bed folding her tanned legs Indian style. “Which isn’t like you B and you smell like rum which definitely isn’t like you. So what we’re both wondering is—”

“Who’s the guy?” Harp interjected getting all up in my face.

I none too gently pushed my friends face away sitting up in the process; I braced my back against my headboard. My head instantly started throbbing and my stomach churned right on que, and it was like everything came rushing back. Plager’s, Frat guys, Blake King harassing me, and then my Knight in Shining Armor; Dill swooped in to save the damsel in distress. We talked for hours and almost kissed twice but Cass had played the parent card and nixed that whole scene. The last thing I remember was stuffing my number into his pants and then taking off in a taxi cab.

“Judging by the look on your face you had a good night,” Emma smirked giving my leg a little shove.

“You have no idea.” I smiled recalling how much fun I had with Dill, how easy he had been to talk too and let’s not forget how freaking hot he was.

“Details, woman details!” Harper insisted prodding my arm.       

Laughing I went into very in depth details about my adventure at Plager’s last night, telling my two best friends every single thing that happened. A night like last night wasn’t something that you forgot easily.

“So, do you think he’ll call?” Harper asked tucking her short violet purple hair behind her ear.

“I don’t know, honest to goodness I have no freaking idea.” I could hear the uncertainty in my voice, as I sipped my coffee. I hated sounding so wimpy and girly. “I hope he does, but come on I met this guy—no matter how cool he was—at a bar. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to end up married and have 2.5 kids that wear a hell of a lot of argyle.”

“Maybe plaid, argyle isn’t your pattern.” Em joked, just as she grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“Why wouldn’t he call you? From the sound of it you guys clicked really well and it would only be his loss if he didn’t grow a set and call you.” Harper explained matter-of-factly, she always said exactly what she was thinking one of the reasons I loved her and wanted to strangle her all of the time. “Besides he’d have to be a complete Dickdouche to not want you, so buck up love he’ll call.”