Epilogue

A black clad figure walked quickly down the I-beam looking over the labyrinth known as the Testing Grounds.  They couldn’t put too much stress on their neck, not wanting to split the stitches that ran down behind their ear to the base of their neck.  Their one boot was really stiff in around the ankle and they carried a variety of weapons.  Kneeling down, they drilled an eye hook into the I-beam and hooked a spool of wire onto it.  Connecting the hook on the spool to their belt and looked down.

            Gabriel Richards was sitting in the cell, his figure shaking.  They couldn’t hear what he was saying, but they could see his lips moving.  He was in the corner of the room and he looked terrified.  The guns he had were in pieces on the other side of the room.  They figure above knew why.  He would be forced to put the guns back together if he wanted to kill himself.  It would give him time to think his decision over.

            The figure balanced on the edge of the I-beam and fired a hypersonic vibrator into the thick glass.  As the glass vibrated at the hyper sonic speeds, it became easy to break.  Looking down at their wrist, they felt the hatred in their chest building for everything that had happened in the Testing Grounds.

            Tattooed on their wrist was a five digit identification code.  An identification code that they had come to know themselves by.  Losing their given name to an identification code made it easier to stay emotionally separated from people, easier to focus on their job.  The tattoo on their wrist was now a symbol for death and destruction in the nation’s government.

T3182