Chapter 14

Trinity smiled and Gabe looked down. “You grew up on the streets?”

            “Yeah,”

            “How do you remember?  Fourteen hours ago, you didn’t know your name.” Gabe told her.

            “It just came back to me I guess.”

            “His grip is slipping on your memory?”

            “It’s more like the more I think about my past and what you told me, the more I remember.  I remember getting arrested now.  I remember exactly why they managed to arrest me.  I was working for your governments external security forces, and they decided I needed to retire.”

            “You killed the man they sent to kill you?” Gabe asked.

            “Yeah, he was going to put a bullet in the back of my head as I got into a chopper to get away from the operation site and I killed him with his own gun in front of your governments external security forces bigwigs.  People who don’t know how to keep their mouth shut and wanted a head to display for one of their people being killed, they sent an entire Special Forces unit after me, I don’t kill Special Forces operators serving their country.  I held them off as long as I could but they over powered me and arrested me.” Trinity told him.

            Gabe was silent.  He didn’t say a word for several minutes as they walked down the hallway.

            “I grew up upper middle class, my father was Warden of the prison I worked at.  He was so proud when I joined at a guard.  He hoped that I would be the warden one day and when I was offered the position of Warden at another prison, I turned it down because I wanted to work with my father and it infuriated him.  Next thing I know, I am here.”

            “I wish it was that easy for me.” Trinity muttered.

            “What do you mean?” Gabe asked.

            “I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the prison.  They deposited me in a dark room and I was left there for three days.  They tormented me with bright lights, loud sounds, freezing and insanely hot temperatures and no food or water.  After that I was physically beaten and tortured for information before being sedated and sent to surgery.  They implanted something in my neck.  I spent a year in solitary constantly being beaten and abused by the guards when I woke up here.” Trinity explained.

            “Which side?”

            “Left, there’s a scar running my neck.  I don’t know what they implanted, but I know it was something.”

            She turned her head and Gabe brushed her hair out of the way.  A thin white scar ran down her neck.  Gently feeling her neck and finding something hard underneath the scar, Gabe knew exactly what it was.

            “They put a cyanide release capsule inside you and I am sure that asshole knows how to use it.  Even if we escape, unless we get that out of you, you are good as dead.”