Do These Men Never Sleep?

POV: Castiel

I sat at my desk, looking over my files as Gabriel entered the room.

"Hey there Cassie," Gabriel said.

I turned around in my chair and saw him with a Starbucks coffee in one hand and a donut, presumably from Starbucks as well, in his other hand.

"Goodmorning Gabriel," I replied.

"Got any new leads for your case?" he said right after he took a big bite from his donut, leaving crumbs everywhere.

"Nope, not really. Just a lot of people vaguely describing what he looks like."

"Didn't you let them visit the sketch artist? What's his name again, Bart something?"

"Garth. And yeah, a lot of them already did and I did invite a supermarket employee to describe him for Garth yesterday but all the drawings look like completely different people. For a guy who isn't shy to let himself be known, he sure is good at managing to stay hidden. Somehow, nobody really knows what he looks like... Anyway, how about you? Got any leads on your hacker?"

"Oh God," he said as he sat in the chair next to me, "don't even bring it up. I got absolutely nothing." He looked at me desperately, "I'm never going to catch this guy. Or girl. Or whatever! I litterally know nothing about him or her. There goes my perfect record..."

"Didn't you visit the jail thingy yesterday? Didn't you find anything usefull there?"

"Nah, Arkham was a dead end. The boss made a big deal out of nothing. All the hacker did was change all the screen and make them say 'join my army'.

"That sounds like a pretty big deal. Trying to recruit mentally insane prisoners."

"Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. But then the message continued with 'on Minecraft. World: For Ex Prisoners Who Don't Have A Job Yet And A Lot Of Time Spare. Password: SeriouslyTellYourFriendsImBored'.

"What the hell? What an idiot. Hacking in for something dumb like that."

"Yeah well, I have to admit. I thought it was kinda funny..."

"Gabriel, do not tell me, you laughed when he showed you the evidence."

Gabriel tried to look as innocent as he could, in which he failed desperately. "Maybe..."

"Oh God Gabriel, how are you even still working here?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I solved every case I ever had."

"Not for long," I teased.

"Dude, that's low."

"Sorry, but don't worry, you'll figure it out."

As I was comforting Gabriel, a colleague came by. She told me about a report about two men who had been pranking in a bar the entire night. She also Informed Gabriel about the 24/7 supermarket in the mall being hacked at six am.

Me and Gabriel looked at each other in dispair. We didn't say anything but we both knew what the other was thinking. 'Kill me.'

~•_•~

Hello all, how are yall?