𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 19 - 𝖣𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋

Jorge POV

-

Me and Benji hung out all day after he came over yesterday. It was nice to finally have someone to talk to other than my family. And I had missed Benji the whole week I wasn't able to talk to him. I felt so bad for not being able to at least tell him I was okay, even though he said it was fine. I couldn't help but feel guilty about it.

-

Flashback to yesterday

-

"Well great. What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know, anything you'd like."

"I mean I'm feeling the most amazing right now, would you like to just watch a movie?"

"Y-yeah sure"

Benji sat cross-legged beside me, and I pulled up a random movie on my laptop. As the movie started, I though about what I had picked. Shit. The Fault In Our Stars? Seriously? I'm gonna cry and Benji's gonna think I'm a baby.

We were at near the end of the movie, where the sad part plays in. I watched as Hazel sat in bed, awaiting her parents to come and tell her that Augustus had- fuck. I'm crying. How did I just notice this. Suddenly, I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked up to Benji. He had his arm around me, and he was.. crying as well? Damn. He pulled me into him tighter and the rest of the movie went on. And as the last words played, "okay, Hazel Grace? Okay." We pulled apart.

"Dammit, I always cry." I admitted.

"It's okay, I do too haha" he also admitted, as he wiped tears from beneath his eyes.

"It's only uh-" I looked at my phone for the time, "7, so if you'd like we can still hang for a while."

"Yes of course. I've missed you honestly."

"Y-yeah. I've missed you too Benji."

He smiled and we looked at each other for a moment. God his eyes were pretty.

"Do you wanna go get some food maybe? I'm getting hungry."

I pondered for a moment. Maybe eating out with Benji was just what I needed to start actually eating again. I couldn't not eat forever...

"Yeah ok. Let's go."

"Yes, lets."

I got up and put on a big sweater than went down to my knees. It was freezing outside. After I was ready we headed downstairs.

"Mom, can me and Benji go out to eat?"

"Yes of course. Here's your phone."

I sighed of relief and took the phone from her hand. Finally. We walked out the door and Benji led me to his car. Once we were in I decided to ask.

"Do you know where we're going?"

"Yeah, there's this new diner that's just opened up a few streets away."

"Oh cool."

I tried to keep my cool. I wasn't hungry at all. But I wanted to do this for Benji. I'd be ok.

We finally pulled into the restaurant. We walked in and seated ourselves. Almost as soon as we were situated a waiter came to us. A cute old woman with gentle eyes and a friendly smile.

"Can I start you two with some drinks?"

"I'll get a water, and Jorge?"

"Water, please."

"Okay I'll get those right out for ya."

"Thank you" we both said as she walked off.

"So what were you planning on getting?"