𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 8 - 𝖨𝖼𝖾 𝖢𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆

Until I say otherwise, things will be in Jorges pov! <3

————————————————————————

I sat down in a chair in my first class and waited for the teacher to begin talking. I wasn't in the mood to talk, so even though I had seen Benji in the class, I sat on the opposite side of the room.

I stared at my hands as I fiddled with them, listening to music with one earbud. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Benji laughing with his friends. He looked like he was genuinely happy. That in itself lightened my mood a tiny bit.

Halfway through the class, the teacher said we would work in partners on our first assignment. I shook my head slowly knowing I'd have to work alone, as I always did when I had no friends in the class. Of course Benji was there, but he was with his friends. And I should know better than to assume he'd decide to partner up with me.

I began writing on my paper, resting my head on one hand. I was startled by a tap on my shoulder.

I flicked my head to the side to see Benji standing there.

"Would you like to be partners?" He said. My heart skipped a beat and I almost didn't respond.

"Oh, yeah sure."

My heart dropped again as I remembered that I had seen him with a girl last night. I sighed and rubbed my eyes as he took the seat beside me.

I shivered and struggled to find some words.

"S-so why are you wanting to be partners with me when you have all those friends over there?" I gestured my head towards his group.

"Well, why would I be partners with them when I could be partners with you?" His question baffled me.

"What's so great about being with me instead?"

"I mean, they're all just annoying. You're.. sweet." I blushed and refused eye contact.

We began writing and I scooted my chair closer so that we could talk easier.

We finished the assignment in no time, it was super easy. I thought he'd go back to his friends but he remained in place.

"So how are you today Jorge? You seemed kinda sad when you came to class."

"I'm fine. I just overthink things."

"Yeah, I guess me too." He laughed softly and nudged my arm. I giggled, then the bell rang.

"Hey, you wanna go with me to eat during lunch?"

"Y-yeah. I'd like to."

"Cool! Meet by your locker?"

"Yeah, it's number 847."

"Perfect. See you then."

He smiled at me and walked away. Before he left he made a heart with his hands towards me. I did the same and he skipped out the doorway. I smiled to myself and prayed that things would go by fast until then.

-

It was lunch and I was at my locker waiting for Benji. It had been five minutes since the lunch bell rang, and I was beginning to lose hope that he'd even show up. Maybe he set me up and is off with his friends laughing at how gullible I was being. I shook my head and tried to stop thinking about it. As I was about to just go to the cafeteria, Benji came jogging around the corner.

"Hey, sorry, I was caught up. Y-you still wanna go?" He panted.

"Of course, lets go." He nodded and we started walking towards the exit.