𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 3 - 𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗒 𝖡𝗈𝗒

Some days I just don't understand myself. I think that's something everyone can relate to. I thought about what the day could bring as I rubbed my eyes from sleep. This was the first day back to school from Christmas break, and the first school day of the new year. I hope this year will be better than the last two, but nothing necessarily good has happened, and I don't wanna get my hopes too high.

I forced myself to get out of bed, knowing 5 more minutes of sleep wouldn't make a difference. As I stood up I looked out my window. My moms car wasn't there, so I assumed she had gone to work.

After getting dressed I put on a large t-shirt and some grey sweatpants, paired with my favorite converse. A casual and comfortable outfit. I wasn't in the mood for putting on a more stylish outfit like I typically did.

I decided to walk to school early after that, maybe to find some of my new classes of the semester. I just needed to clear my mind. I put in my AirPods and listened slowed versions of my favorite songs as I walked.

-

When I got to school there wasn't many people there. I was glad. I felt like being alone. I opened my locker and pulled out a hoodie to cover my skinny arms and body. After I put it on, I made my way to the other side of the school to find my first class.

-

First class had just ended, and I was disappointed to find that I didn't have any friends in it, but I've never had any luck with that anyways. I walked down the hall, consciously looking at everyone I passed by. I was always paranoid that they were all looking at me.

As I passed a large group of kids, one stood out. I had never seen him before. He had pretty brown eyes, and freckles that barely showed, with very dark brown hair, and slightly tanner than I was. He was, so pretty. I noticed I was staring, and realized he was staring back with his big chocolate eyes. I turned my head quickly to look back in front of me, almost tripping in the process. I silently cursed myself for what had just happened, though I was probably making it out to be worse that it was in my head.

It was now lunchtime, and I hurried to Syds (my best friend) locker, where we always met before lunch.

"Hey Jorge. How's your day been."

"Utterly exhausting" I replied.

"Well let's head to lunch. Maybe that'll help both of us"

We walked to the cafeteria, which was swarming with students. I saved a table for Syd and the rest of our friends. I wasn't hungry. Pretty soon Xowie, Cayman, and Syd came and sat down. They made conversation as usual, while I alternated from looking at my phone, to around the cafeteria. I was curious about that
boy I had seen earlier. Maybe I could catch a glimpse of him here.

Just as I was beginning to lose hope, I saw him with a group of popular kids. He looked nervous and didn't seem to be joining in on their conversations. He was sitting in a larger booth containing him, Addy, Abby, Antonio, Noen, Joey, and Kat. He was looking around like he was bored. I wondered why he wasn't just talking with them. I at least assumed they were friends since he was sitting with them.

He saw me and I looked in another direction playing it off as if I wasn't paying any attention to him. I saw him kinda smile as he watched me out of the corner of my eye. I looked back to Xowie as she said my name.

"Jorge? What are you looking at?" She asked jokingly.

"Oh uh nothing. Do you know who that is?" I slighly pointed to the boy.

"Oh I think his name is Benji. He's new here apparently. And he seems to be making it with the populars." She rolled her eyes at her last words. Xowie was never much for the popular people ever since one of our old friends, Kat, had left our group of friends for them.

My mind twirled around the newfound name for this pretty guy. Benji. It fit him so perfectly.
I joined back in to the conversation at my table, pushing Benji to the back of my mind.

————————————————————————
Heyy 😔✌️
Sorry I've been SOO inactive on this story
Writers block tingzzz 😋😋✨
Anyways I'm updating one more time today so there's that 💕💕
This story is not doing too well ngl but I'm continuing it regardless 😗✌️
Bye luvsss

Word count: 794

January 10, 2019