Day 8: Results

A/N: Hey babes, I know I took forever to update. But thanks for duking it out with me! Haven't been feeling well and been resting a lot. I just wanted to let you guys know how thankful I am to you guys! Thanks for reading! xx

Niall's POV

"NOOO!!!!!" Zayn yelled.

"COLE?!" I fell to my knees staring at Zayn who had Cole wrapped in his arms. I felt the tears start to pour from my eyes, the same way they were falling from Zayn's. 

I looked up for comfort and saw Louis, Niall, and Harry were gone, leaving us with the girls. Dani made her way to Zayn to comfort him while Eleanor was quick to fall at my side hugging me. Belle seemed to freeze in fear. I couldn't blame her. We were all scared and we all had our own reactions. 

"She'll be fine." I heard Dani's voice crack as she spoke to Zayn.

"Cole…" Zayn whimpered.

"How is this happening right now?" I cried.

"I'm calling an ambulance here right now." El stated as she pulled out her phone. I could hear El talking in the background, but I couldn't make out anything that she was saying. The world around me seemed to be moving in slow motion. 

Belle's POV

One minute we were all having a laugh, then in a flash of an eye, things hit rock bottom. When Cole fell onto the ground, my heart just stopped and I froze. I didn't know this was going to happen. I didn't know how to react. Niall needed me and I just stood there scared and frozen. I mentally punched myself in the face for not being able to do anything. El called the ambulance and the rest of the boys ran off to catch the shooter. 

"Oh my gosh! Is everyone alright?" I heard a female voice come from behind me.

I turned to see a middle-aged woman come out of the store. My guess was that she was the store owner. When her eyes fell on Zayn and Cole, she gasped and ran back inside. After a few minutes I could hear sirens approaching. There were three police cars pulled up next to us. From the first police car, Louis, Liam, and Harry emerged out of it.

"We caught him." Louis rushed towards us. El turned to him sharply and slapped him in the face.

"You idiot! Why did you chase after him?! What if you got shot too!" El's voice was filled with fear. Not long after her tears fell and Louis took her into his arms.

"I'm sorry love." He mumbled into the crook of her neck. 

Harry crouched down next to Niall and slung an arm around his shoulder to comfort him, while Liam joined Dani next to Zayn and Cole. Things got way out of hand. Finally, my body was able to move and I dropped next to Niall. I brought him into my arms and he started sobbing heavily into my chest. I felt so bad for him, but it had to be done.

Zayn's POV

"Oh God, Cole." I couldn't stop crying. My girlfriend was lying motionless on the ground. 

"Zayn, she'll be okay." Dani and Liam were trying their best to keep me calm, but how could I? My girlfriend could be dead.

"Cole, babe, wake up. Open your eyes please." I begged as my tears were dripping on her face, hair, all over her. 

The world around me went silent and all I could think about was Cole. Her blood was all over my hands, arms, pants, shirt, and the ground. Why was this happening. This day was supposed to be perfect. Today was our first official day as a couple, but things just had to crash and burn like this. Cole dying in my arms.

"Zayn, the ambulance are here. They're going to take care of her now." Dani and Liam tried to pry me away from her. I reluctantly did and she was immediately hulled away from me and into the back of the ambulance. Dani was the one who went in with Cole into the ambulance. Niall and I were in no state to go with her. And since Dani was the closest to her aside from Niall and I, she was the only choice.