Day 23: Bank Atlantic Center (Florida) - Concert & A Dirty Little Secret

A/N: Hey babes! So sorry for the long wait for an update! I've just been busy! But I hope you all forgive me and enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!!! :) Xx

Cole's POV

I was waken up by someone nudging me and a while bunch of whispers. That's when I remembered! I shot up from my laying form to see everyone looking at me with curious and bewildered stares. I felt my heart and nerves crumble under the pressure and panic that was taking over me.

"Babe?" I heard Zayn's voice break the silence. 

"I… just wanted to try something different."I lied. It was completely obvious that I lied.

"You always kept your hair long. It was your link to your grandmother." Niall mentioned. The look in his eyes was filled with confusion. I took a quick glance at Belle and she seemed like she was beginning to feel a bit guilty. She didn't know the story behind my long hair.

"I know." Was all I could say.

"Then why?" He continued to push further.

"I just… I…" I was saved by Daddy Direction himself.

"She has her reasons. When she's ready, she'll tell us." Liam stated. I sighed inwardly, thankful that Liam was around. However, everyone still looked at me with the same curiosity lingering in their eyes.

"Lou can fix that up for you." Harry came over to my side and gave me a hug. He pulled away, and pulled on Zayn's arm so that his body pressed up against mine.

"Here Zayn, she needs a hug." Harry mumbled before going into the bathroom to get ready. Everyone else had already left.

Zayn hugged me tightly. He didn't say a word, just held me protectively in his arms. Without hesitation, I clung to him a bit shaken. No one was going to forget. My short hair would always remind them that I was hiding a secret. My short hair would always remind me that I was lying to everyone. The guilt was going to eat me up alive.

Zayn's arms unwrapped around me and his strong hand cupped mine, protectively and supportively, as he lead me out of Harry's room and into ours to get ready. Zayn let me jump in the shower first. When I got in, I lifted my shirt up, revealing the bandage. I could see the dry blood seeping through. Cautiously, I pealed it off, wincing at the slight pain. Through the mirror, I stared at the closed slit, grazing my fingers over it softly. 

"You did something extremely stupid, Cole. Hurting yourself isn't the way. So much for self-respect." I whispered in disappointment to the reflection that was supposedly me – Ugly hair and a now ugly body to match. Tears began to blur my eyes before I stepped into the shower and turning on the water.

Zayn's POV

I sat on the bed as I heard the shower water running. It was obvious that something was going on with Cole. She randomly chopped off her beautiful, long, silky, black hair when we were all asleep. It didn't make sense to chop it all off just because she felt like it. The look on her face when we were all fixated on her hair seemed like she was in a panic. Like she didn't know what to say.

There was definitely something going on in that head of hers. Could it be some sort of side affect relating to the gun shot accident? Maybe she was going through some sort of post traumatic shock? Getting shot is a real scary thing to go through. I can't even imagine the fear of thinking that I actually almost died.

As I sat there, on the bed, lost in my thoughts, Cole's voice scattered the images in my mind as I was brought back to reality. She was only wrapped in a towel as her short hair clung to her face and neck. I smiled at her giving an approving look.