Day 6: New Found Feelings

Yes, I know... it is still day six but that's not a problem is it? Dx Well, I hope you guys enjoy the story!!! xx

Niall's POV

This day wasn't an ordinary day though, today was the day I realized something. And that something was that I'm officially falling in love with Cole. Everything just hit me like a ton of bricks, but nice bricks… Anyway, I wanted Cole as my princess. They only thing left now was to get her to feel the same way.

------------

"Niall! What are you thinking about?" Cole asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh, nothing." I smiled looking down at her.

We were currently walking through town when we found ourselves at a park. There was a faint sound of an acoustic guitar playing in the distance. I looked over at Cole who was already looking at me.

"Do you hear that?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Someone is playing the guitar. I don't recognize the song, perhaps someone is doing an original. Let's go check it out." Cole took my hand and lead the way. She seemed super excited so I couldn't say no.

The music started to get louder and a girl came into vision. She was strumming away on her guitar mumbling a few words but it was a bit hard to make out what exactly she was saying. Cole nudged me on my ribs and I looked down at her. She gave me this knowing look expecting me to know what she meant. I looked at her confused waiting for her to tell me what she was thinking about. Her eyes grew wider as she eyed me down like I should already know what she meant. I just gave her another confused look as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Go talk to her you dummy. Maybe she could be your 'Princess.' She explained.

"What? No. Can't you see she's busy?" I pointed at the girl.

"Mr. Niall James Horan. Grow some balls and get your butt over there!" She ordered. I shuddered at the fact she used my whole name.

"Sheesh. Fine, I'll go." I gave up.

"Okay. I'll be by the swings. Tell me all about it when you're done." Cole chirped happily as she hurried to the swings. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"C'mon Niall. You can do this." I told myself out loud. After a few seconds of taking series of deep breaths, my feet began to move.

"It'll take some time, 

but these wings of mine,

will always learn to fly. 

You can break me down, 

and spin my world around, 

but in time there will be peace."

This mystery girl was singing. It was a good song. I couldn't make out her face since her short brown hair covered it up. She continued to strum and would scribble in her book every so often.

"I'm broken but I'm not defeated

I'm trapped in the dark,

But I can still feel the light."

"Hi there. Just wanted to let you know that you're really good." I finally gathered the courage to say something. She abruptly stopped playing as I noticed she jumped a little. I must have startled her. 

"Oh! Umm… thanks." She stuttered closing her notebook frantically. When she finally looked up at me, her eyes went wide in surprise.

"Hello there. I'm Niall." I greeted her sticking my hand out for a handshake.